Thursday, December 30, 2010


*Community*

About 6 months ago my daughter called me. She was super excited..."Jason (her hubby), was taking her to a Lake Forest Park bookstore to meet The Pioneer Woman!" ... 

" Who is the Pioneer Woman?"...(sorry..PDub!)


"Mom...she has a blog, it's amazing... I'm going to purchase her cookbook!"


Chrislyn and PW at the bookstore.

After consuming some wonderful food (made by Chrislyn) from PW's cookbook, and my daughter's my enthusiasm, I just had to check out Ree's website to see what all the hoopla was about!

I did... and through PW... I found Layla, Holly, Melissa, Emily, Jami... and this amazing...COMMUNITY!


http://jonesdesigncompany.com/

Emily...My Mentor...Encourager!

***
I followed them for about few months...then at the end of October with some encouragement from Emily, I decided to take the plunge and start a blog of my own.

~*Dreams on 34th Street*~

I'm an early bird...up every morning before 5am...Mr Dreams leaves for work at 5:28. I throw a load of clothes in the washer and grab a cup of coffee. It's time to check out what's happening in my new community!


***

I see the "teeny" photo squares of  my 11 (now 12!) followers...all amazing...all inspirational...all fun...all very special to me! 


http://www.freckledlaundry.com/

Jami...My first follower!

***
A little click here and there...then I realize...it's time to do a couple quick chores and get ready for work...but...

I have such new found energy...because...

I've travelled around the world a few times and I've been over the moon...flying through amazing thoughts and creative processes!

Thank you, sweet community!

Have a safe {First Night} of 2011! I wish you all the best for our New Year!!!


*L*
{with love}


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Welcome to blogland!! It truly is a community! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet, *L*! Thank you. Happy to be your first follower. Isn't it the best feeling in the world (that first follower moment)? It's such a great community of creativity & friendships and I'm happy you're among it! I've added you to my blog roll too. Thanks for putting me in yours!

    Enjoy your "travels" in 2011,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete