Friday, December 10, 2010

A Story of ...Firsts...and a "Not So Ordinary Miracle! ...Today!"


Charlotte's Web
a novel by E.B. White

{and a very special announcement}

In my little story below...it's all about firsts...

The first piece of literature that touched my life was read to me by Mrs. Myers in 4th grade.  She read a chapter a day as we lay our heads on our desks while we cooled down from afternoon recess.  It was the first time that a story brought tears to my eyes. {Mrs. Myers cried too!}  We were sharing feelings of happiness, sadness, joy and love.

When I found out that I was pregnant with my first child {Beautiful Chrislyn}...I felt compelled to go to my favorite bookstore and buy a copy of the book. It was the first item that I placed in our nursery - to - be!

I have been waiting until this day to introduce you to my daughter, Chrislyn.


A Photo of Chrislyn and "PW" in the very bookstore that I bought the copy of Charlotte's Web!
~I think you all  may beginning know where I am going with this...~

 The story {Charlotte's Web} has evolved into several cartoons and movies and eventually inspired some very talented people to write and perform this sweet song.  You might think that a miracle could not me considered as "ordinary", however this beautiful tune and it's lyrics remind us that we live surrounded by miracles every day!

Ordinary Miracle

It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

Life is like a gift, they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up, and find a way
To give some of your own

Isn't it remarkable?
Like every time a raindrop falls
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

The birds in winter have their fling
And always make it home by spring
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

When you wake up everyday
Please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
'Cause we are all a part

Of the ordinary miracle

Ordinary miracle

Do you want to see a miracle?

It seems so exceptional
That things work out after all
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

The sun comes out and shines so bright
And disappears again at night
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today

It's just another
Ordinary miracle today


My amazing son-in-law Jason and my first born Chrislyn!
With God's Grace, this sweet couple will be welcoming their first child in June of 2011!

This child will be our first grandchild!

Thank you,  for the everyday miracles!

* L *





3 comments:

  1. What a lovely story and beautiful family.

    Thanks for stopping by and telling me about your tree. I love noble firs but around here they cost big$$$ but they are so worth it.


    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are indeed surrounded by miracles. What a sweet post (I love Charlotte's Web) and a gorgeous couple. I see a very pretty/handsome baby in the future! Congratulations again!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello "L"..thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)...I've just been looking over yours, how lovely it is, how gorgeous are your family...AND...AND...CHARLOTTE'S WEB!! Oh i loved your story of it because...My teacher, Miss Gainey, read this story to the class each day (maybe a chapter a day like you) when I was about 8. I LOVED this story...and loved miss gainey - I remember she was very pretty, wore lipstick and high heels!! So unusual for teachers...that story really touched my wee heart too. I love it that we have a 'memory' in common...
    So exciting for you to be becoming a grandmother...I've had two children get married this year...both are waiting a couple of years before starting a family, but I can't wait also!
    thanks so much for sharing your life on your blog..lovely to 'meet' you. (do you have a name? lol)
    have a lovely day...
    blessings...jessie, nelson, nz

    ReplyDelete