Sunday, February 6, 2011

lace & Coco...a perfect Sunday afternoon


it was back in January when i

first posted about this amazing creation...

it's beauty... the result of

twisting, braiding and looping thread.

i posted once again yesterday thanks to

Shannon South.  i am particularly

smitten with lace this time of year.

http://www.etsy.com/people/baysiderose?ref=ls_profile

isn't it romantic?


hmmmm...

Chantilly lace and a pretty face...

makes the world go 'round!


http://blog.crescendoh.com/crescendo/2011/01/embroidered-paper-doilies-tutorial-diy.html


add coffee to paper lace and i'm screaming...

...inspiration for my beloved chandelier!

i am dying and drying paper doilies as i speak!


is that a suede jacket? ...and a body shirt? rock on pretty lady!

***

"I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations

ever made of the fantasy of nature;

lace always evokes for me those incomparable

 designs which the branches and leaves

of trees embroider across the sky,

and I do not think that any invention of the human

spirit could have a more graceful or precise origin." 

Coco Chanel, April 29, 1939

*L*
{with love}


1 comment:

  1. Hello the lovely *L* ;)...thanks for your sweet comments on my post...grazi mille!
    Seriously can't wait to go...seems to be coming round fast. In the meantime I have to get cafe up and running in our church, staff it (with volunteers of course!) and have someone trained enough to do all the cooking for me when I'm away...a big ask..lucky I've got a big God!! Bit stressful! But kinda in a good way.
    Ah the food...SO looking forward to that!! mmmm...
    Anyway..must off and away to book some accommodation in Venice! hehe..just had to say it ;)
    ciao mi amici!
    jessie x

    ReplyDelete