Wednesday, April 20, 2011

relief...

... ease, free from stress...

a sculptural technique...


***

Maggie Weldon


if you google Maggie Weldon,

you will find that she is firstly known

for her techniques in crochet!


in an effort to preserve some of her grandmother's

intricate work she experimented with slabs of

porcelain...


how beautiful and intriguing...


i love the natural tones...and white...


and this linen square is my favorite...


how perfect for

my granddaughter's nursery.



 

Maggie has a very gracious

and generous spirit!  If you can grab a

copy of the May / June Victoria Magazine,

there are step ~by~ step instructions on

how to create a lace plate!



visit lace pottery here!

*L*
{with love}

4 comments:

  1. These pieces are incredible. I love how intricate yet sweet they are. I normally don't buy this magazine, but I will to read more!!

    Thanks so much for a great post!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pieces Lynne!

    Yes you can use my photos!! Thank you!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. The square plate reminds me so much of my grandmothers hankerchiefs. have a lovely day
    X Sharon

    ReplyDelete