Tuesday, September 27, 2011

frosting with French knots...

i am thinking about  a project 
involving French knots...


so i popped on to Pinterest for
some inspiration.


i thought that i would share some of  my 
favorite images...



a French knot tutorial


i love this idea...
... embroidering the knots in the same shades as the background.


French knots and sugar?  i'm IN!


they make the most beautiful mini ~ hydrangeas and...


... add textural magic when
 embroidered onto the center of the flowers of this 
amazing skirt at Anthropologie!  

{i love this whole idea of adding same color texture to
a floral background...babies LOVE texture...hmmm...
something for Holland Grace...}

i'm inspired. i hope that i have inspired you as well!

[withLove]

5 comments:

  1. I love French knots! It's the texture for me too!
    And yes...I feel inspired!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you certainly have inspired the pants off me!
    well, not literally...but you know what I'm saying.....I'm saying I want to stop blog hopping and pick up some gorgeous thread and get knotting a la French already!

    thanks so much for sharing!

    ciao bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me want to pick up my needle work...it's all Christmas projects so I better finish up soon!! LOVE French knots!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lynne!
    I just bought myself a copy of the lilybird chandy!
    I loved it and thought it would adorable for the holidays!
    Have a wonderful afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I need to French knot something...

    ReplyDelete