Thursday, September 1, 2011

my sporting life...

i have a little secret...
i love football!
 i'm not real crazy about the pros...
but i love the college experience. i enjoy the game,
 but i LOVE the excitement, the energy,
the joy and the music that surrounds the game!

~here~
one of my favorite reads (and movie) is 
The Blind Side.  it's not an epic...but it's a story about  a
MOM...Leigh Anne Tuohy...(who just happens to be an interior designer!)
Sandra Bullock won the academy award for
her performance. the experience of making the movie inspired her to
 become a mom. at the beginning of the book / movie
there is a monologue that really hit home with me.
here is just a snippet!
it starts out...one Mississippi...
...and ends with...
 "Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage,
but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle’s job is to protect
 the quarterback from what he can’t see coming. 
To protect his blind side. " Leigh Anne Tuohy


a mom "get's" to play (and teach)
the positions of quarterback and left tackle.

a mom "get's" to wear an invisible
 number one fan jersey every day.


my son's bio...
~here~

the sporting life has enriched our family. it has given us joy
and has taught us many lessons along the way.

I'm ready!


i'll be standing at kick off!

[with Left tackle Love]

2 comments:

  1. Well...you kept this a good secret!! I never would have thought, but I know more and more women that are enjoying sports. I have become a golf nut since my son went pro. I've never been a football fan but our lakehouse is only 20 minutes away from Notre Dame and my hubby is going to a game on Saturday. I will be at home doing something fun!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that movie with all my heart. I'm a Bullock fan and it was such a different character for her...she played the part well. I love your excitement for football (and baseball). I don't watch much football but I do love the sound of the crowd & whistles blowing. It's the perfect kickoff to the Fall season and makes a house a home, in my opinion. We just got DirectTV and the NFL package...hubs was literally counting down to installation. "Three days left dear." He is in his glory. I am too because I have HGTV & Discovery again! You must be so proud of your boy! A very handsome young man if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete