Monday, September 5, 2011

a sweet gathering of inspiration in my simple little powder room!

good  Monday morning!
today, you are invited into my [empty nest] powder room.
i am about ready to jump into the week!


the mirror above the sink is from my Grandmother Elizabeth's 
vanity, and the hand crocheted pieces on the back of the commode 
were made by my Grandmother Hazel. i also use this little space to display
some of my favorite vintage keepsakes. i move things around a lot so there
isn't s problem with condensation.

 the shower curtain is from our beloved Target.
 i routinely pull a color out of the curtain to CHANGE  the appearance of the room. 


[i was on this yellow
kick over the summer so this was the perfect place to play!]


 i love to arrange little [collage] galleries of my
favorite things! 


 some of you may see your reflection in my powder room on this perfectly beautiful
HOLIDAY morning!

~ * ~

the accent wall has been a natural cedar for over 30 years. i am contemplating painting it white. 

~ * what do you think? * ~

[withLove]


5 comments:

  1. What a charming little room! I love your hits of cheerful yellow and the vintage touches. Normally I'm all for painting out wood panelling but yours is lovely, especially done on a horizontal - it looks very chic. But it's all about what would make you LOVE your room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bathroom...the mirror and the montage of vintage pictures, very sweet! I change out my shower curtain all the time, too. It makes for a whole different room!!

    Have a lovely holiday!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillows with vintage jewelry, and your collage! I even recognize a couple of things :)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow touches - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would paint it white. Your bathroom is so pretty! I love all your treasures. Thanks so much for linking to the French party! You have great posts!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete