Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn at the 34th street day spa...a Sunday practical magic treat...once a week!

(actually it's the 34th street 1/2 hour spa.)


ah....wrapped in a veil of  Autumn luxury.

~here~

however,  i won't  have 10 yards of tulle on hand and two hours
of time... so... a candle will create the Autumn Practical Magic!

~shop here~

FYI! there is a reasonably priced shop on Etsy that carries
pumpkin souffle scrub and no guilt pecan pie lip balm!
yum, Yum & YUM!


~*~

 don't forget to indulge your 




 fingers and toes with some
Essie hot coco!
( found at Walgreen's )


(i have a feeling that my toes will be this color
all of the Autumn 2011 days)


~*~


it's the time of year for pumpkin carving and pie baking. YEAH!
while you are waiting for the Etsy order, or if you wish to shop the house...
 here is a little home made recipe to make you
feel like a Spice Girl!




Pumpkin Brown Sugar & Cinnamon 
Body ~ Shower Scrub


1/2 cup cooked fresh or canned pumpkin, pureed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 combine ingredients in a non breakable bowl.
take the mixture to the shower.
scoop it with a terry washcloth or mitt...start with your 
toes and work up to your neck .

take a slow deep breath...let it out...and rinse!
(avoid your face and eyes because of the touch of cinnamon)
~ pumpkin is jam packed with anti~oxidants and vitamins A & C and zinc.
it is also contains alpha hydroxy components. ~

[withLove]

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my shop on here and trying out my products!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great manicure and I really enjoy your site.
    Will be back - Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the body scrub recipe...this is the perfect time of year to use it. I love that nail color, too, and will be looking for it!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty post. I am definitely making that shower scrub recipe after I finish my kitchen...it will be a well-deserved treat! These cabinets are taking much longer than expected. 2 days and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooohhh!! Pretty and also yummy!! Just love that Essie color...must find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so exciting! A homemade recipe for body scrub?! You are so clever! I can't wait to try this! :) {And thank you for the other ideas and links, too!}

    I hope you had a good weekend! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne, what a lovely post. I am afraid that I would want to eat that scrub!! Manicure looks good! Have a great week,love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne,
    Thank you for sharing my candle link! I bought myself a couple of little indulgences at Sakura! I can't wait to get them!
    As soon as the open house is behind me I think I will treat myself to a spa day as well and I am trying this scrub! I might even have to make enough for my daughter!
    Thank you for sharing
    hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne,
    Aaaah! A spa day does sound good. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful products and the great scrub recipe...Will have to give that a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog and shop. Wishing you a wonderful new week.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. cannot wait to make that scrub. beautiful post.

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne- I am your newest follower. I was stumbling along and happened upon your blog. It is wonderful! WONDERFUL! Have you gone to DebbieDoo's for her newbie party? If you do I am sure you will get a ton of followers. She hosts a newbie party every week (I think). Great job...ummm...I might eat the pumpkin scrub before it hit my ankles....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to try this! Sounds heavenly!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete