Wednesday, December 21, 2011

chic Christmastime...Chanel meets burlap!

oh my goodness!
 so sweet...

i have loved burlap for years...
i have placed touches here and there at 
Christmastime.

this year, i will say it..i became OBSESSED with
washed burlap, thanks to Andrea and Donna!


so i blogged about it, and just about everyone that knows me
knows that i have wrapped it like a fashionable scarf, around our home!


Monday night, when i came home from work, there was a Christmas Bag
on the farm table. Mr D said, "It's from Jeannie"...you can look!"

on the tag it read...

Merry Christmas
 Lynne and Chris!
with a mutual love for burlap!
Janeen!

this morning in the workshop/kitchen mapping out the final tree day plan!

inside was the absolute COOLEST wine bag 
that I have ever seen!


the Santas were peeking out from under the chocolate dipped sprinkled pretzels.


 under the Santas and pretzels...a lovely bottle of
Muller Thurgau from the Willamette Valley!

do you know how your heart just instantly beats to hug an other's heart?

i met Janeen this past summer. she invited us over to her beautiful home
for wine with aperitif  and dessert. Mr D has known her since his school
days. they commute to work on the bus every day to the U of Washington.

i hope to have her to our home in the new year when the weather warms
to have wine by the fire in our backyard!

and...yes...i have a new OBSESSION. i am going to make some
chic wine bags in the new year!

celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving.
make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!

~Amanda Bradley

[withLove]

5 comments:

  1. That is a very chic wine bag!! SO much nicer that a paper brown bag! lol!

    Hope you are well ahead of the Christmas rush!

    Merry Christmas!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! Yet one more way to share your love of burlap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I love that shot of your tree...and washed burlap...I must've missed something..I need to check that out! Looks exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEll, I LOVE YOUR use of burlap. Your tree is so cute and love all the ways you have been able to use that fabric. Merry Christmas- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, wow! I have never been written about with such kind words...Thank you so much. I am very glad you like your wine basket. The minute I saw it I knew I had to make you one. I hope you, and Mr D (this cracks me up) have a great Christmas holiday with your family. My son comes home this weekend also, and I can't wait to see him. PS this is my favorite white wine and couldn't get it soon enough for last summer, hope you enjoy it. Fa La La La La La La

    ReplyDelete