Tuesday, December 20, 2011

cozy Christmastime...

it's not fancy...it's cozy here on 34th street.


my Mom and Dad dropped the antique pedestal table off last week.
it might be my very first chalk paint experiment in the new year!
in the mean time, i tossed one of my grandmother's linen tablecloths
over it. Grandma would cringe because i just pulled it out of a warm dryer
and did NOT starch, sprinkle and iron it! 


on the table are some sweet keepsakes...
the little snowman globe is also a music box. it plays,
We Wish You A Merry Christmas!
 you will see your creative hearts and inspiration represented in our home.
Laura (hand made bookmark), Donna (hand poured soy candle), 
and Maria (lavender pillow sachets) stand out in this photograph!


we have a "Christmas In The City village". i spread it throughout the
main floor of our home. the post office and the bank are displayed
atop our roll top desk...


and here's my dreamy  little 34th street neighborhood on the hope chest !


i won Laura's {Decor to Adore} give a way a couple weeks ago. a package filled with
 goodies arrived. i have been dreaming about owning a piece of  Andrea and 
Laura's Metis Linens. the lovely piece set the stage for the hope chest neighborhood!   
there is sweetness from Laura all over this post today.  


oh, oh...time to get ready for work! i don't want to leave "cozy"...quite yet, but i must! 
yesterday, Mr. D and i received the sweetest gift...here's a hint...burlap love.
i'll show you tomorrow!

[withLove]

4 comments:

  1. It is ALL so cozy, warm and Christmas SWEET!!
    Hope you and the Mr. have a good December day and return to the cozy shelter of your home and each other at day's end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your decorations and i LOVE your blog. I'm over here from Nana Diana. I am following you now. I would love it if you have a minute and pop on over to my blog. I'd love to have you for a friend if you like. Merry Christmas!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your village!! I've the beginnings of one {but an extremely small...like one building, some trees, and people} Maybe after Christmas sales will help me out!!

    Merry Christmas :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas village is so sweet. I have always wanted a little village to display...maybe next year. Merry Christmas!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete