Tuesday, January 10, 2012

to dance in the kitchen with Anna...

i have been  thinking about making a Pavlova.
it has to be one of the prettiest desserts that i have ever seen.

~via~


 the dessert, a creation to honor the Russian
ballerina Anna Pavlova,  was  a tribute to her tours of
Australia and New Zealand in the 1920's.


both nations boast it's inception. 



Schocolate,
{my favorite  tiny chocolate shoppe}, 



features Nigella Lawson's recipe on their website.
~here~



Raggy Girl Vintage's  recipe seem's pretty easy...
perhaps this version shall be my dress rehearsal.


Anna is most remembered for her performance in Swan Lake.


Chrislyn's birthday is at the end of the month.
her favorite flavors are chocolate and raspberry.
i think that i may have found the
 perfect Pavlova!
~here~

(if you visit Pinterest and type Pavlova in search,

~here~

you will be amazed at the display of  cloud - like  yumminess!)


i will set the mood by watching
The Grand Pas de Deux from the Nutcracker.
 it's my favorite.


(the Pacific Northwest Ballet's choreography
and arrangement always captures my heart.)

 the video above is from the Royal Ballet!



[withLove]

9 comments:

  1. I made a few different pavlovas over the holidays, trying to figure out what I liked best and what would be pretty. Oh boy, are they sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious and too pretty to eat at the same time. My lack of cooking ability will not allow me to attempt this, but I cant wait to see how you do:)
    xo~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm definitely one of my all-time favourite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a pavlova but it certainly looks delicious! It is pretty, I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so yummy looking! Mmmmm....I think I gained 5lbs just looking at the photos! :b
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really looks delicious and attractive. Let us know how it turns out!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Good Golly- I am drooling into my keyboard! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne, lovely post. Good luck with your Pavlova recipe. It is a great favourite in Ireland.Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete