Wednesday, January 4, 2012

what's new?

 Tom's introduces ballerina flats for Spring 2012 !


there is a pattern for everyone's passion!
i have my eye on the linen!  (no surprise! LOL)
 check them out here!



The Great Gatsby! to be released Christmas Day 2012.
there is already a lot of buzz about it!

Ralph Lauren designed the fashions for the film.


his Spring 2012 collection is roaring 20's chic.
 headbands, scarves, cloche hats, and flowing fabrics are on the horizon.
here's a peek at Lauren Spring 2012.


soft florals,


silks,


and the return of the chemise!


i popped in to Chanel Spring 2012. there is a bit of the 20's
influence there as well. i love how the look is updated with the funky flip flops!
for those of us that don't want to jump in with both feet,  we can update last year's
Spring sundress or slimmer cut jeans some simple accessories...a perfect cardigan,
 a pretty pastel floral scarf  softly wrapped around the neck and layered pearl bracelets!
(i will be mixing it with my linen... i just can't let go of it...
however there will be more white and a pinch of pastel!)

now, a bit of  blog buzz ...  Angela's new venture!

her home has been featured in several publications such as Fifi O'Neill's
Romantic Prairie Style, Artful Blogging and Where Women Cook.
it's Angela's time to translate her French connection through her new
e-magazine. it's set to launch April 1st.  she has a give a way going to
coincide with her announcement on New Year's Day.
you can check it out here!


~ here ~

i have set four goals for 2012.

1. simplify and organize life on 34th street.

2. refine and refresh my creative potential through personal growth.

3. live a healthier lifestyle.

4. open an Etsy shoppe.

now that i have made them public...there's a bit more pressure to achieve!

i have enrolled in Jeanne's online journey. it begins on Monday!

it's time to get a few chores done before i go to work!
i won't be posting for a couple days because i need to catch up around here...

baby steps...
~ here ~


...so i get to visit with you!

[withLove]

13 comments:

  1. Oh thank you thank you! Love all the exposure we can get for the magazine! You'll have to advert. your new Esty shoppe - can't wait to see it!!!!!

    AND I am so excited about that movie! I LOVE IT when movies influence fashion. We need more "old fashion".

    the Parisienne Farmgirl's Giveaway Fantastique
    &
    Parisienne Farmgirl Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun and interesting post! Good goals! Etsy is so fun and easy but if you need any help at all please ask. I have only been doing it for about 7 months but I love it and have learned a few things. I am going to check out Angela's site now.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chemise......I LOVE that word!!
    Great post....worthy goals. YOU can DO it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on announcing all of your resolutions. We will be cheering you on.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the ballerina flats. The bright pink ones are calling my name.
    I also love the 20s inspired clothing. RL Spring 2012 looks to be a fabulous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals and resolutions! You GO girl! I love the ballerina flats...and I will arm wrestle you for the linen ones! I love the 20's clothing although I think it might be a tad "young" for me. Love the collection though- Enjoy your days away- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total TOMS fanatic - I wonder if the ballerina flats will be as comfy as the original TOMS that I live in right now?
    Great goals - mine would be pretty much the same (minus the Etsy shop I already have) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say thank you again for your support and excitement about the magazine! I am just so touched by everyone's reaction. Happy New Year to you!
    the Parisienne Farmgirl's Giveaway Fantastique
    &
    Parisienne Farmgirl Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Toms and now the ballerina flats!! Perfect for me ( no more heels for Karena)

    December... wish The Great Gatsby was coming out sooner I cannot wait!

    Wishing You and Yours all the Best in 2012!

    I hope you will enter my Giveaway from Serena & Lily.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is fabulous!! I love that book and I'll bet this version of the movie is fantastic!!! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. HELLO LYNNE, it's all happening over here! Thanks for the fashion tips...I need them! I like the linen pumps too. Good luck on the course, it looks like fun. Looking forward to the movie and the new magazine. Have a great weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. We inspire eachother ! Thanks for your comments. Happy weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't know about the ballerina flats! That's great news, as is the Gatsby film. I'm a huge fan of the book, and of course I love the fashions! Think I'll need to go when it opens next year.

    Love your goals for 2012--ambitious but definitely do-able!!!! Those are good kinds of goals to have. xoxo Gigi

    ReplyDelete