Wednesday, February 15, 2012

J'adore 60!

what was life like in 1952?

pretty ribbons! i knew how to "party" early on!
honestly, i don't remember.


it appears that polka dots were a trend the month i was born.


the big news was Elizabeth.


the "it" girl was Audrey!


fast forward... it's 2012!

"everything old is NEW again!"


~ retro chic here ~


she abandoned her conservative style and  wore yellow to her grandson's wedding.
it was the talk of the world!

Elizabeth is celebrating her Diamond Jubilee, and...




...i'm "totally" infatuated with the newest "it" girl!




J'adore 60!


 to this day...i still love ribbons and a party! 


i'll be back on Monday to share! 


[withLove]

8 comments:

  1. Awe!! You were adorable! I love this! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post! Happy Birthday & may you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY Happy BIRTHday!!!!

    Love your 'birthday' post! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a very Happy Birthday to you! :) I hope it was a wonderful day! :) And this post was wonderful! Actually EVERY post you write is, you have a gift for sharing thoughts and ideas and beautiful pictures that is both unique and lovely! I leave with a smile on my face every time I visit! :) {Thank you!}

    Blessings to you, and Happy Birthday again! :)

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! The happiest wishes to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love the look back. And congrats on that sweet baby. Looking forward to many pics as she grows up.

    have a great weekend
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely Lynne, so sorry I missed your big day. I love your post, and you are so cool to be mentioned in the same breath as Queen Elizabeth and Audrey Hepburn! I hope you had wonderful celebrations that are still going on!!

    Many thanks for your comments, I thought of you when I posted the artichoke pics. Enjoy the weekend, all my love, Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated birthday my friend! I am out of it these days but please know you are in my thoughts!
    I hope you had a wonderful day and got to celebrate in a big way!
    Hugs from here
    Donna

    ReplyDelete