Friday, March 30, 2012

.MID~CENTURY MONTMARTRE AND A MOVIE.

when there aren't any Saturday evening parties or plans,
Mr D and i usually hit the Red Box at the grocery store or
pick a flick from our small collection of faves.

it's a "Saturday Night at the Movies" on 34th street.

(just for the record this movie is not a favorite of Mr D.)

if you are around my age, you will remember the
"reel"  Saturday night series on NBC in the early 60's.
back in the 60's we stayed up LATE, popped popcorn  in a pan on 
the stove, or begged our parents to buy  "Jiffy pop".

~via~

now that we are (empty nest ) adults,
we usually have a glass of wine and an appetizer.


our favorite is artichokes with butter. i wrote about it a year ago here.

~ * ~

 i recently stumbled upon a little collection of Red Wing Pottery called Montmartre.


to be honest...i was not smitten with the larger pieces


the pieces that grabbed my attention were the teacups and
saucers, the bread plates and small bowls.

that's my 2011 under Christmas tree wine...the first French vintage that Mr D and i sipped together.
he remembered...it was over 30 years ago. i pulled it from the top shelf of our cooler for the photo!



in keeping with a practical use for this purchase, i chose only to select  four bread
plates and one of the small bowls for an occasional evening of bread dipping.



the plates hold a sweet and simple image of a Paris sidewalk cafe'.



the little bowl shows a window.

a perfect find for our farm table for four, or for two on a
Saturday Night at the Movies!

have a wonderful weekend!

.WITHLOVE.


{oh...by the way, our practice manager, aka my boss,
gave me a lotto ticket with my pay stub yesterday.
has "mega millions" lotto fever hit your neck of the woods?

i am hoping it's GOLDEN and we get to visit the CHOCOLATE factory!}


BONNE CHANCE TO ALL!

linked up with...
American Pickers at SavvyCityFarmer
VintageInspirationFridayatCommonGround

6 comments:

  1. Great post and I love the dishes!! I adore movie night too, sounds just perfect for tonight!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are so sweet. I love a good movie night and I miss Jiffy Pop!!! I told my little guy not too long ago that there was a time when you actually had to work for your popcorn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little dishes. My daughter would love this collection. I do remember those movie nights in the 60's. I wonder if they still make Jiffy pop? I haven't seen it in years-but then I haven't looked for it either. Let me know if you win the LOTTERY! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dish hound in me loves those dishes! They're so much fun, yet I love that they're unique too.

    I can remember begging my parents to buy Jiffy Pop. I used to think it was the neatest thing! LOL

    Yes, lottery fever has struck around here too! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh first of all that pottery is beautiful - how lovely! Now, I've never had artichokes & butter, hmmm I would like to try that! We do have Jiffypop here and we make it when we go away for weekends on the boat (with a good movie - it's the best!). We don't have Mega Millions here but we do buy tickets faithfully for our lotteries. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the covered casserole dish and relish try in this pattern (and I think I have the divided vegetable dish in a box). I never knew the name of the pattern until I finally stubbled on this post during a search. Thank you for the information. Happy dining!

    ReplyDelete