Monday, April 30, 2012

mother's keepsake box series...finding Sally...


inside the box that my mother gave me was this little windowpane 
check linen towel with the image of a dog embroidered on it.
i recognized it, immediately!

she gave me Sally! Sally was my mom's very first dog!
 she was a Scotch Terrier.
when my mom was about 5 years old, her mother taught her how to embroider.  
mom chose Sally's image for her first sampler piece.
this weekend, i washed and pressed the sweet keepsake.
for now Sally shall reside on the Kitchen Aid. she is 76 years old and
very happy in her new home outside of the box!

withLove.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little keepsake form your mom. She's put it in your trust. Touchs my heart. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great treasure...your mother trusts you will take good care of it!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I love it when treasures are past down and the story can then be told to another generation.
    I am sure Miss Holland will know all about this wonderful treasure!
    Have a great week my friend!
    hugs from here
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I love that you have this and wonder if someday it (and the story) will pass along to a grandchild? What a wonderful gift! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet treasure! 76 years old...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love special things with sweet stories to go along with them. What a little treasure for you. I hope you are having a lovely morning! Love to YOU!

    ReplyDelete