Monday, April 16, 2012

the *skinny* on basket dipping...


i have been on a quest to add some simple pops of 
white around this place.


basket dipping has intrigued me for awhile.



i have avoided it because it looks like a real mess maker.



but...it's kind of cool...different...hip looking.
i love how it looks on the more rustically woven baskets!


Wisteria "chicdom"



a little less refined... in color.


on the next sunny day, i'm going to add a little water to some left over latex
 and go dipping with Martha, here!

and... just before i was about to publish this post...


...i noticed Jennifer Rizzo's dip dyed legs on my blogroll!
her post today is another example of perfection in a small space.
WITHLOVE.

7 comments:

  1. How cute is that table? You know I wonder if you couldn't use a wide tape to tape off the top area of the baskets and spray paint the bottoms..wonder if that would give the same look? Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, it's funny I just saw the 'Martha' picture on Pinterest today (I am a little slow!)I think the idea is relly cool, but like you thought it might be a little messy. I think 'NanaDiana's' idea would work just as well, and may even be a lttle more durable, though not as chalky looking.

    Thanks for your very encouraging comments on Lois's room, they were so appreciated. I have a little something which I hope to post off to you in the next day or 2. Lots of love, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I do love the dipped look of the baskets! I think you should give it a try, so we can see how it turns out. (In other words, I'm trying to get you to make the mess, before I even consider trying it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lovin' this new look too! Can't really figure out what it is about it...I even love the wooden spoons dipped in paint too!
    Have a great week my friend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the baskets! You could probably just tape a line and slap on some really thick paint to create the same look without the mess of actually dipping. I'd love to "dip" some table legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look! Looks pretty manageable in the bin. I must try this!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those baskets! great minds think a like!!!

    ReplyDelete