Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday's wrap...the last Picnik show...



it's a wrap!
(a little Hollywood vernacular spoken here)


i've ordered my takeout! 
(if you Picnik you know what i'm talkin' about!)

my final Picnik banner. 
 i love to change my banner. for me, it's like window trimming. change the displays.
keep it fresh and new. it's from my old retail days.

 with the probability of not changing my banner for awhile, i opted for a more
permanent concept.  it's simple, transitional, and makes it's 34th street statement.
i shot the image on the left at the Barn House Market last Summer.
the image on the right, i found on Pinterest.
the source is unclear. (if you are the source, please leave a comment
or send me an email so i may give you credit and a link on my sidebar!)



what are your plans for replacing Picnik?
have you found a program that is equally user friendly?




with all of this French bread...it's time to workout!

~ for  the photo sources of  the images in this post visit here ~

WITHLOVE.




13 comments:

  1. I love your banner but I know how you feel about change. Mine is permanent...if I could have one that I could change the pictures on, I would be doing it all the time. I never altered my pictures on any of the websites, not sure how to and since I am working on my photography, I like to use them as reference for how bad I am!! lol! Have you heard of Picmonkey? A lot of people are giving that a shot.

    Mmmm...the bread looks great!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hearing...PicMonkey.
      I went to Aviary...it wasn't as friendly as Picnik.
      Thanks, Jane!
      ~L.

      Delete
  2. Well, I don't Picnik- I am more of a bag lunch girl!...basicailly, I don't know what I'm doing- However, I have heard that Picmonkey is wonderful (spelling?). They don't have all the apps yet but I understand they are coming. People say it is easy to use and gives you lots of options. Good luck-Maybe I'll meet you in the hallway over there!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bag lunch girl as well. Another vote for PicMonkey!
      I'll hit the hallway this weekend!
      ~L.

      Delete
  3. LOVE your photos and your header!!~
    I feel the same way, I always like to change my header too, it does keep things fresh!
    I hope you had a lovely Easter and have a beautiful day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new banner...especially the bread :):)Hope you have an enjoyable day. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new banner - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the banner - excellent choice! I am sad to see Picnik go. I don't have much patience with photos myself but I love to look at yours and others who have a real knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss Picnik too:)) It is so user friendly. I have been making banners and saving them so I have some to choose from when I need a change:)
    Hope you are having a great week
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are always so pretty! I have Photoshop but have been playing in PicMonkey. It's fun!

    I am sure which ever program you choose to use your photos will continue to be beautiful!

    Wishing you a happy week!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always used picasa, but I know that many feel the way that you do. My condolences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new banner is wonderful! I am sad to see Picnik go, I'll most likely be using PicMonkey now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful banner! I'm a Picasa gal...and now they have added even more options, although i still have no clue as to what I am doing! :). Happy friday, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete