Friday, May 11, 2012

French bread on Friday...her gift and my heart...

yesterday started out beautiful!
i woke up to a perfect Pacific Northwest day of 
sunshine. i sipped my coffee on the front porch admiring  our "first blooms".

while i was blogging about it, i started feeling not so well.
to make a long story short...i did not go into work until 
about 3pm.  i had to go in. there were a few tasks that needed to
be completed to avoid complete frustration for my co-workers
and my employer(s).

after work, i met Mr D at Costco to pick up a roasted chicken and
some fresh veggies for the weekend. it was 8:12pm 
when we returned home. 

i always go to our farm table and hang my handbag on
one of the chairs. Mr D hadn't said a word...
a parcel had arrived!
the stamp said:
ROYAL MAIL!
which was immediately interpreted as a
ROYAL HUG...
only better, than a royal hug because the
parcel was from Linda!



this is a watercolor!
~drawn and painted by hand, for ME!~
to make it even sweeter, the ribbon, the pink paper lace and the label
were from the gift wrap and the scrap that i had tucked


into the pages of a Somerset book that she won on my blog in February.



opening the parcel...all French bread, with butter and sugar for me!


a sachet "faconnable"!


each tiny PAPER button is hand stitched onto the dress... AMAZING!
by now...i am feeling tears well up.



it's all so, dear...so sweet...more French sugar!


linen, ticking, Eiffel...the very theme that my daughter chose for my 60th birthday party!


the long day had a prefect ending!
  hugs from a far a way friend were waiting for me...
sur la table!


Merci! J'adore Linda!


you can visit Linda at FLOWERS ON MY TABLE here.
the cell phone cover was made by Wendy at 15 COAST ROAD.


i wish you 


French bread and butter, sprinkled French sugar


on this


MOTHER'S DAY!

10 comments:

  1. so sweet!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tresors! You are one lucky girl and these ladies are the best! I hope you are feeling well. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfectly wonderful!! Hope you are feeling much better by now.
    Happy Mother's Day! You bring out the BEST in people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet surprise! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet gift and at the right time. Just when you needed a hug. happy mothers day . Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of a sweeter person to be on the receiving end! What a treasure of a gift. Blessings and I hope you are feeling much better now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynne what treasures! I need to know if she sells those phone covers. J'adore!

    I have a praise in that our home has officially sold. I now have just 32 to days to find a home, pack and move. A little pressure? :) We put a bid on a home yesterday that will give "The Money Pit" a run for it's money.
    I wanted to let you know that I so appreciate all of your support and kind comments and if I am absent the next few weeks from your blog please know I will return soon.

    For whomever you nurture, have a happy and blessed Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was wonderful. Happy Mother's Day sweet friend.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lynne, I am so sorry for this late visit. I have been taking a break from my computer. I am so happy that you received and enjoyed your parcel. Sorry to hear that you were feeling unwell. I see from a later post that you found Wendy's lovely Etsy shop, she is so talented.

    I hope you will forgive my lateness and I hope you are keeping well now, with much love Linda xx

    ReplyDelete