Wednesday, May 9, 2012

our potager and " the well fed soul"...

on Mother's Day weekend, it's a
tradition to plant the garden potager.


Mr D tilled last Sunday.
  i know it looks very bare.
i prefer to think of it as a blank canvas.


weather pending...


...we should be right on schedule.

~ * ~ 

i will be preparing a simple brunch on Sunday.

my menu planning has been inspired by  Necole at "the well fed soul".
i just happened upon her blog, yesterday.
she has compiled recipes from many known and loved.
her collection and cooking tutorials are a gift.
"well fed" is a fun read as Necole shares her PacNWest family lifestyle
and her lovely cooking style.

this is one of her photographs.
if you have grown up in the Pacific Northwest, you  have experienced many breezy ferry boat rides.
the Olympic Mountains are in the distance.

 she is friendly and organized. 
Necole's blog  feeds my vision of  French bread and family, 
that's why it was love at first landing!


oh... don't forget!
~here~


{tomorrow, i will share what's bloomin' here on 34th.}


withLove.

7 comments:

  1. I love that phrase - 'the well fed soul.'

    Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day! You have such beautiful country up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the potager in bloom. remember many hands make light work:):) smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your potager is going to be a work of art...your blank canvas will soon be filled with the art that only God's greens can provide.

    I an headed over to visit The Well Fed Soul. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the promise of things to come. I can't wait to see what you are going to plant. I love the little cottage style gate. Sorry for my absense. My friend who I posted about has been going through a terrible time and I have been too distracted to blog. It was so lovely to have such a friendly message from you. I have at last posted my little package to you, and you should receive it any day now. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day? All my love, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, thank you for the lovely mention, I'm positively tickled! It's always a joy to discover a kindred spirit. Best wishes on your potager...I've just begun my own novice gardening attempts around here as well. Perhaps if I refer to those humble raised beds as a potager, it will be inspired to do amazing things. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than a blank canvas. I'm sure it'll be looking beautiful in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tradition to plant on Mother's Day. I'm sure it will be a deservingly wonderful day. You are such a blessing to your children and grand daughter. Thanks for introducing yet ANOTHER wonderful blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete