Monday, June 11, 2012

fresh start!

5:45 am

good Monday everyone!

i am feeling very blessed this morning!

we had a wonderful vacation. our time with Jay was great. 

while he was at work, Mr D and i just kicked back and slept in until 7.


we were able to visit a few wineries on  the journey  to and from Boise.  

my favorite was not a new winery, and while i usually focus on the red's,


this time my taste buds grabbed Barnard Griffin's 2009 reserve Roussanne. 



   i have my mind set to crack some Dungeness with butter and French bread,

the  Roussanne will be a lovely accoutrement.


the other wine that i chose was their reserve 2009 Syrah ~ Port.



a perfect dessert to sip by the fire on a warm Summer evening. 

 nice! 


while shopping for towels for Jay's bathroom, i happened upon a sweet deal

on a piece of copper cookware. it replaced two pieces of my old stuff!

(that's how i sold the "must /need" to Mr D. ~ less is more!)

he's a good  sport! : )


Mr D worked in the yard most of yesterday, while i caught up with laundry

and cleaned inside.  we made a beautiful last night of vacation dinner.

this morning, my little commuter Corolla is waiting to take

me to workout and back to the work day.

(the squirrels have already been digging in the flower beds.)


here comes the sun! have a great week!

withLove!

10 comments:

  1. I had to make chciken wire cloches for my plants on the porch. The squirrels were even digging in them..awwkkk. Enjoy this day, Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean chicken wire.doh. :):)Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time!! Im so happy for you my friend~ LOVE the words on canvas too~ xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time, Lynne~ I can't drink wine- makes me crazy sick...terrible headache, etc. That just means more for you!!!

    LOVE your copper cookware-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm crazy over your new copper pot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lynne, welcome home, glad you had such a good time. It is nice to meander on the way home and make it an enjoyable part of the trip. I love the copper pan. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your copper pot is gorgeous. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time! Love your new copper pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi~~ It sounds like you had a wonderful time! WHat a pretty place too:) Thanks for sharing with us.
    Have a good night
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn, I just wanted to say "Thank You" so much for the fabulous wine that you two brought back for me on your trip. It was so fun listening to
    "Mr D" talk about Jay and all the fun you had tripping through the vineyards. I heard about the furniture shopping too! I asked if you found a couch for yourselves but he said no. Thank you again, it will be yummy and I have been waiting to try that one so I'm triple excited. Love reading your blog daily and seeing all your pics.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete