Tuesday, June 5, 2012

what's in the fridge at Jay's place? plain and simple, 34th street comfort food...


" Mom, i have a fresh salmon in the fridge!"


"i also have  some mixed greens with spinach."


"there's some pignoli in the pantry"... 

just add a  tbs. butter, a  tbs. extra  virgin olive oil, 
sea  salt & pepper,  or... season as you wish!
..."i have Feta!."


hmmm...
i spy a rustic French bread on the counter, 
  suitable for a crouton sautee'.


2 Tbs. unsalted butter 
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil 
1 large clove garlic, crushed and peeled 
4 oz. (2 to 3 cups) bread cubes 
1/2 tsp. sea salt 

(depending on the meal...the seasonings will change, the basic
recipe above can be taken French, Italian or Greek. with Feta, i 
usually go Greek, but tonight sea salt & pepper will be just fine.)


i drain any excess butter and olive oil, and toss the croutons and
pignoli together.  the greens are tossed with extra virgin olive oil and
balsamic vinegar, then tossed once again with the savory sautee!



it's always nice when "MOM IS IN THE HOUSE" to 
put it all together. 

 yeah!

 tonight, i'm cookin' in Jay's kitchen!
he tells me that he eats this meal at least one a week.
fish and vegetables? music to a far off  Mom's ears.


"i'll love you forever,
i'll like you for always.
as long as i'm living,
my baby you'll be!"

and...don't you forget it!

withLove. 

7 comments:

  1. Salmon and vegetables is definitely my favorite meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good! I love coming up with recipes with what I have on hand! This looks fabulous, Lynne!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness somebody did something right! I think you might take some credit here. Looks like a delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!!~ I'll definitely have to try that salad! And my family loves Salmon!
    Hope you have a beautiful day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so cute! I am so glad you are enjoying your time at Jay's! This meal looks fabulous!
    Take care and have loads of fun!
    Hugs my dear friend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty delish! I'm not one for fish, but I could certainly scarf down the pignoli. I love them!

    ReplyDelete