Monday, June 18, 2012

yesterday's breakfast with Dad...

it was sunny, but very  blustery! 
we braved it and ate outside!

Father's Day At
Chambers Bay Grill


there was a special menu.

meet my Dad,  he's Faccionable, and very handsome!


 a  paved trail runs the entire length of the course on Chambers Bay.
there were moments that we felt like we could be seated at the Westminster
Kennel Club!  quite a parade of pups!


here,  is our view of south Puget Sound. if you look to the left of the photograph,
you will see a freight train entering into the picture perfect scene!


the area is very natural. the course reminds me of the courses of Scotland.
my Dad said, "Lynne, how do you describe this?"  "It's not stuffy and fancy."
my answer, "it simple, beautiful, understated, and non contrived, Dad."
"they didn't mess with already perfect."

i love the atmosphere of golf course grills. you feel like a neighbor popping in for a visit!
the waitress graciously took several photographs for us.


i wore the pearls that he surprised me with when he popped into my office
to take me to lunch after my treatment for BC.  he told me that i was brave.  
(i will tell you a secret... emotionally, it's rougher on the loved ones) 

with that said...

...i am SO JAZZZZED this Monday morning!
Summer begins this week!
it's going to be packed with activity and to do's!
life is full and fun! 
i better sign off and get my "bum" to the gym!

withLove.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Father's Day spent with your handsome and sweet Dad! The view is stunning. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great photos! You two are darling together. And that looks like a wonderful place. I just love the sound. Have a great day!

    xo
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of the Sound! Sounds like a great day! (even though blustery)
    Nancy
    http://wildoakddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Lynne, you made me cry. What a lovely post and a lovely dad. Glad you had a lovely day together, and it is me who is blessed. Much love, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne~~ It looks so beautiful there. So happy you had such a nice day!!
    xo~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne- Your Dad is a handsome man! He looks like a kind, dear person. I am so glad you were able to spend Father's Day with him.

    What a wonderful post- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete