Monday, August 20, 2012

a healthy reminder {week seven}..."read well, live well"!



it's due time that i join a book club!

and... thanks to Edie at life{in}grace i have found the
perfect choice for my first club.

Edie's  club will be taking a " chronological approach" to literature.

for the month of September, she has selected


The Odyssey.



"as a way of following the development of western civilization 
and how one writer’s work builds on the writers before them"
                                                                                                  ~Edie

if you would like to know more about her book club, visit her here.


withLove.

6 comments:

  1. Oh- I miss a book club- I just don't take the time to read like I used to- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read but have never been a part of any book club. Unless you count the old Reader's Digest Condensed Book Club. I have not thought about that in years. I wonder if they still have it. I don't care for the 'condensed' versions of books anymore but at the time it proved to be just what I needed as a young mother. As an older lady - I want to read every single word of the entire thing!!

    I shall go back and grab your link for a visit now......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I remember reading The Odyssey in 10th grade & oddly enough, enjoying it despite every one complaining that they didn't have a clue what they were reading! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think I read that book...once upon a time!
    A book club sounds like a lot of fun! I have been reading so much more now that I am SEMI retired!:) Even thought there are days I think I work longer hours than I used to when I left each day!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    I will have to send an email to get caught up with you!
    hugs from here
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure sounds like fun! I used to read all the time...before I had a blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ashamed..I used to read all the time. It seems I have no time this summer...and it's certainly not because I am working in the flowerbeds. Good luck with the club. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete