Friday, August 24, 2012

a little French bread and... Friday's favorite pin!

today, i am pretty much...over the top excited!
after work, Chrislyn and i are headed to a four hour
Exploring French Classic Cuisine cooking class.
the experience is my Mother's Day gift from Mr D. and our
Mother's Day gift to Chrislyn. 

.:: Auberge Edge of Seattle ::.

it's due time that i embrace my French heritage, in the kitchen.
i have many of you to thank for bringing me to the table... so to speak.   

our daughter Chrislyn is an amazing cook. she is always exploring ways to bring
a creative, healthy meal to her family's table. 
this Summer, we have enjoyed trips to the Saturday farmers markets
and much conversation about the seasonal
 farm fresh to table philosophy of cooking.
yesterday, she was up to her elbows in fresh peaches. she made


two kinds of jam and a healthy take on a peach crisp.

.:: Chrislyn's blog and the recipe ::.

she just finished this book...

.:: Karen's blog  ::.

i hope that Auberge will allow me to capture a few photographs at our
class this evening.  if so, i will share the experience in a post next week.

now for Friday's favorite pin.


.:: via ::.

a movable potager!

i so wish it was mine!  maybe next year!

let's see... google... wine crates!

here's to harvesting a wonderful weekend!



withLove.

bon appetite! 
( i love ya Julia C. and Andrea! )



6 comments:

  1. The cooking class sounds like so much fun...I've always wanted to do this. You are going to have a ball with Crislyn! Hope you can get pictures!

    Love the potager, wouldn't it be aewsome to have one!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart palpitations! FIRST~ I was madly thinking "I want to go to that cooking class!" Next, I am collecting ideas for potagers. The Duchess has decided to create one in the backyard come October. :) I about swooned from this photo. It's a total repin for me.

    Thank you SO much for sharing and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter's cooking looks so good.I like that idea of a portable potager. Smiles to all, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun that you get to go with your daughter. I love the potager idea. Bon Appetite to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh What Fun! You and your daughter will have a ball. Love the portable potager, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a ball at the cooking class....one day you will come to France with me and cook up a storm....I want to THANK you for your thoughts and prayers and dear comments....I will get through, and in the meantime buying vintage copper to keep me happy :) all best, A

    ReplyDelete