Friday, November 30, 2012

a perfect fit !!!

i love to use the Ikea KVARNVIK 
hat boxes for organizing and gift giving.



while i was organizing some twine and lace a
couple weeks ago, a light came on!


i remembered two pretty crocheted pieces that were made by my
Grandmother, Hazel.  ( i think that she made them to
cover some lidded baskets.)  hmmm... i wonder...
would the pieces fit the Ikea hat boxes?...?


look!  a PERFECT fit!


Grandmother's pretty handwork is now out of that old keepsake
 box and crowning the new boxes!


so pretty...and put to practical use!


i wish you a wonderful weekend!

( i will be hauling out the Christmas boxes tomorrow! )

withLove!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! Your boxes are gorgeous- using my grandmother's things always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make your grandmother proud. Now you can enjoy seeing her beautiful doilies all the time.xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea, looks so pretty. I love when things work out like that... i'm sure your grandmother would be so happy. Wishing you a good day and hoping that mom is feeling better...
    Ciao for now

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I was going to say all you needed was a bow for them and then you showed them with the crocheted pieces! Just beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! I have a couple really big doilies that were wedding gifts, handmade by people I know. I am thinking I need to go pinteresting to find something fun to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful idea!! Hope all is well with you!!

    ReplyDelete