Tuesday, November 13, 2012

apple i QuickFix... a.k.a. my very simple apple crisp!

375 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 45 = 
 apple...iQuickFix.

this is a little "i know this by heart" recipe that has lived in my
head for a long time. i believe that i adapted it
from a Bed & Breakfast cookbook about 30 years ago.

pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees


wash, peel, core and slice 10 apples.


  pile them up in a 13 x 9 inch pan!

(if you wish to add a little shot of  34th street ...
sprinkle and toss in some French apple brandy.)


place 2 cubes (sticks) of cold butter on top of


2 cups of  flour and 2 packed cups of
brown sugar in a food processor.
add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
whirl and twirl until completely blended!


more piling of sugary yumminess!
bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.


mmmmmm.... sweet, sugary, crumbly and yummy!
it is best warm from the oven, and for breakfast on the next morn.


e n j o y! 

withLove!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love crisps!
    Ciao for now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I can ALMOST smell it!! Is a 'cube' there the same as a 'stick' here? 1 stick = 1/2 cup here.
    I think I can SO make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh- THAT looks wonderful. I can almost taste it. If you get a chance pop by and see SweetCheeks on the cover of our local magazine- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes please Lynne, that apple crisp would just go down a treat on this wet November day. What a delicious looking and easy recipe, thanks for sharing it with us. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh apples AND easy~ I am loving this. Thank you for sharing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful & perfect for these cold, dark days. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally I like math :):):) Thanks to you and your recipe. Looks so tasty. xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blog and very elegant pictures. You got some lovely stuffs here.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete