Saturday, November 24, 2012

the Saturday morning post...


good Saturday morning, dear friends.
the past two days have held joy and bittersweet
for me and my family.  

we spent Thanksgiving at Chrislyn, Jason and Holland's
home. our hearts were filled with joy and our tummies 
with yummies. Chrislyn cooked the turkey with all
the trimmings, and the beautiful desserts.  i made all of the "sides",
Mr D and i transported them layered in a big wicker baskets
wrapped in vintage tablecloths from Grandpa Bozzello's Italian
Village restaurant.  we danced and sang with Holland.

grand parenting is heaven on earth!

{it was also my father's 83rd birthday. he is well. thank you, God.}

Mom, however, became very ill on Thanksgiving morning.
Dad took her to the emergency room.
she had a brain bleed. they transported her to a
bigger hospital in the city. she is now in a neuroscience
intensive care unit at Saint Joseph's. 

she is conscious.  the pain is worse than a migraine.
i think it even hurts to talk!

Mom has had a very tough two and one half months, starting with
her fall in September. i have held onto all of your prayers, friendship
and encouragement.  she's going to win this battle, as she is 
surrounded by brilliance, love and prayers!



 during the trying two days we have been blessed with joy...
our beloved Washington State Cougars won the Apple Cup, yesterday.
( we were HUGE underdogs) 

those of you that follow me, know that my son is a sportscaster in Boise.
he loves to spend Thanksgiving Day out covering family and friend 
turkey bowl games. this year he reported a sweet surprise!


visit here!

Jay always makes me smile! ( i'm not quite sure if he was
on team Turduckin or team Cornucopia )

life is beautiful...life is joy!  

thanks for listening...

withLove.


8 comments:

  1. Oh......such JOY! and such CONCERN! You have both extremes of emotion! Congratulations on your son's announcement and prayers for your dear mother. God DOES have a plan......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son isn't engaged...he was covering a turkey bowl game when a player knelt down and popped the question. I WISH that he would find a nice young woman!
      ~w/L.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, your poor mother. And, I know how difficult it is for your father as well. Take good care of them, hold them close. God bless you.

    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne- I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. What are they doing to relieve her pain? Shunt in place? I hope they can treat her successfully and that she is home soon. Bless your Daddy for his good health and Happy Birthday to him.

    I am glad your son got home so you could spend time with him. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are finding some joy in life along with the concern for you Mom....and of course, Happy Birthday to Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lynne. I am sorry to read about your mama. She's been through so much already. I hope by now she is pain free and home. Sending a prayer your way. Happy that your Dad is doing well now though & a happy belated birthday to him. The article that Jay wrote made me smile too. I gather from his words & proposal coverage that he has a bit of a romantic side. One more thing...Holland is so lucky to have you and the Mr. for grandparents!

    xo
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Mom... I hope she is doing better by now. I'm sure that this is a difficult time for your entire family. I wish you all the best and will keep you all in my prayers.
    Ciao for now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynne, your poor Mum! I know she is in very good hands, my prayers are with you. I am glad you had a lovely family Thanksgiving, and the video of your son is amazing. Big giant hugs to you, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete