Tuesday, November 27, 2012

this morning, at the farm table...

just a quick little hello...


... from the heart of our home!  


( i have yet to start decorating for Christmas.)


two books by Alexandra Stoddard are back on the table. 

Living The Beautiful Life and Creating A Beautiful Home.

when life gets a little overwhelming, Alexandra's books are my go to place.
  the books are over twenty five years old. back then, we didn't have blogs to
visit for inspiration and escape. Alexandra taught me about "Grace Notes"


my camera bag is shaped like a heart, and holds my Nikon Cool Pix
point and shoot, the cords (USB) and a lavender sachet. it's made of
printed linen and lined with Dupioni silk. 

in a few minutes, i will be heading to the office to address some paperwork,
and on to the hospital to take a long lunch hour with Mom and Dad.

Mom is doing okay so far. she has a little difficulty finishing sentences, and 
some residual visual disturbances.  the good thing... thus far...
 is... that she recognizes all of us, and appears to have full use of her arms
and legs. her focus is on her great grandson, who is due to arrive in the
 very same hospital in nine days.   

i feel very blessed as i write and sip the last drop of coffee before i
start this day!   

withLove.

5 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is so homey and comfortable...I would love to sit and have a cup of coffee with you! I remember Alexandra Stoddard's books, I believe I had one of them and liked it. The book Simple Abundance is one of my favorites, it's dog eared!

    I am hoping that you mother continues to improve. And remember to take time for yourself!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your days get better as this goes by. Praying for your mother to be brand new soon. Your table seems a warm place to relax. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How warm and cozy - so hope your mother continues to improve...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne- What a beautiful setting. Warm, cozy and comforting. I am so glad that your Mom is on the road to recovery- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne,
    Your home looks so beautiful, warm and comforting. I've read quite a few of Alexandra Stoddard's books. One of my favorites is "Things I want my daughters to know" I think that's the title. So sorry to hear about your mom.
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete