Tuesday, November 20, 2012

when a gracious fashionista invites you to her holiday home...

a few weeks ago, i received a very special invitation via facebook.

" please hurry down the chimney tonight!"
"Lynne, on  November 17th, i am having a gathering of girlfriends over for an
 ornament exchange. bring an ornament that everyone will fight over.
bring an appetizer, and what you would like to drink...


...dress to impress. NO JEANS!"

Arlene and Doyle's family room.
"some of your friends from junior high and high school will be coming."


we shared hugs and history.

we held hands and told stories about days over forty years ago.

it was a gathering of girl friendships both vintage and new.


my dear and gracious friend Arlene said, YES to my request

to share a few images of her holiday home with you!


her formal living room is both elegant and playful,
with it's mid century "Golightly" expression and a tree filled with Annalee.


posture perfect seating on tufted lime ultra suede and red silk.

" i'll have a Cosmopolitan please."


 are you singing "Santa Baby" yet?


fire and ice!


a vanity fair.




can you find a piece of history to hold in this treasure chest?


are you feeling "Vogue"?


where are your pearls?


at this breakfast bar, Chanel is cooking light in the kitchen!

withLove.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could fit into that killer green dress.:):) I love all the photos. Beautiful. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant way to kick off the Holidays! I'm all for bringing back the days of 'dressing' for the occasion..fun, fun!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend. I am thankful to you for being there with your prayers and kind words for me.

    Much love to you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!
    I too wish I had the waistline for such a dress!
    hugs to you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea has a great sense of style! Her home is really lovely, too. I know you had a great time...it's so nice to meet up with old friends, especially around the holidays. Love these retro images!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique and fun home. Bet you had fun looking at everything :)

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great images...and what a fun party. I bet you had a ball! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a feast for the eyes! I'm on creative overload. I want it all!
    Great post.
    Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful party! I'm in love with that mannequin tree skirt! I might have to copy that idea for mine this holiday. Thanks for stopping by with your wonderful comment. Have a Happy Thanksgiving too!


    Jody

    ReplyDelete