Monday, January 28, 2013

random tea ...

...cup by cup...sharing the goodness of our special community!

i have decided to start some Monday mornings off with

a cup of

RANDOM TEA!


early this morning, on the farm table.


the shop is located at the University Village in Seattle. i bought
today's random tea
 at our grocery store... and of course, they also sell TAZO at Starbucks.


i like my morning and afternoon tea...




 in basic black. sometimes i add just a touch of sugar.



while Mr D and i were shopping at Costco this weekend,
i found this heart shaped ravioli.

on the back of the package is a recipe for a simple pink Alfredo sauce.

1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp tomato paste 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste.

combine butter, cream and paste in a saute' pan.
bring to a simmer and whisk until the sauce tightens.
stir in the Parmesan cheese. season with salt & pepper.

pretty cute, huh?

while we are talking Italian, i wish to share one of my
fave blogs with you.

:: via ::
if you haven't met Mary at La Bella Vida, you should.

:: via ::
Mary would most likely not buy pasta from Costco.  the image above is
from a post where she was making pasta with her precious mother.
she learned her cooking skills by working with her father at their family restaurant.

:: via ::
everything she does is a work of art love. you won't be disappointed.

oh...darn...

...it's time to hit the road!

 i have donations to place out in front of the
garage and a quick stop at the dry cleaners on the way to work this morn.

 thank goodness, i stopped and filled the tank up, yesterday, on my way over to 
Sunday mocha's with Mom and Dad.
 Mom is doing better. lots of PT (physical therapy)
and OT (occupational therapy) appointments consume their time right now.
Dad is yearning for better weather and some PT for himself, on the golf course.

i wish you a good week!
i have some wrappings to share on Wednesday!

withLove!


10 comments:

  1. I like teas that have the flavor of orange in them. The little gifts wrapped in sheet music...sweet !!xoxo,Susie
    Hope work is easy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynne, this post is PERFECT to a "T"!

    That little black dress and all the tea goodies is my style anytime. LOVELY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to get heart shaped pasta!!!! Thank you for these beautiful images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you live your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter just bought some Tazo tea...I have to try it. I love the sauce you made...simple and easy, I'm going to try that.

    Thanks for a great post, busy lady! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have recently become quite obsessed with Tazo Orange Blossom Green Tea. I am trying to branch out and try some other blends. Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect post for me today! The images are great and just what I needed.
    Thanks for sharing Mary's blog. I'm headed over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne, I love University Village in Seattle, went there several times while my daughter was at Seattle Pacific University. Love the Starbucks there and the garden shop (whos name escapes me right now). Lately i've been enjoying Honey Vanilla Camomile tea ( between Espresso and Cappuccino). Love the LBD ! THANK YOU SO MUCH for mentioning my blog... you are very sweet. Have a wonderful week. Ciao Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been getting back to afternoon tea also...don't know how I ever got out of the habit. Thanks for the link, I love visiting new blogs and will hop over and see Mary. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post- love that heart shaped pasta, too. I am so glad that your Mom is improving. Hope you have a great week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete