Sunday, January 6, 2013

the color of the year and a 34th street cheer!

hi  everyone!  

 there has been "quite the buzz" about in the Pantone color of  the 
year. although i like the color green, i doubt that emerald will be 
incorporated into my decorating plans here on 34th street.

perhaps a pretty scarf, sunglasses, or a cotton top to update
last year's white jeans will be my attempt to express the trend.


it appears that the choice for our newly painted "Needle" is
  a perfect reflection of  Pantone's color design direction.



the Emerald City is on trend and painted with pride!

 there is an epidemic of blue and green spirit occurring in the Pacific Northwest!

it's quite contagious!

GO SEAHAWKS!

withLove

10 comments:

  1. I can handle a little emerald green, maybe a slight amount in a pillow or something. On a wall- never gonna happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour! I would much rather WEAR an emerald on my finger than incorporate that dark of a green into my home décor as well!

    HAPPY DAY MY DEAR! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greens in my home and elsewhere, but Emerald is tough unless it's done with other brights, turquoise, fuchsia, purple... tropical, you know...but not for me, i'll stick to a few clothing accents... Have a great Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at this. When I first went to meet my future in-laws (hubby's grandmother) in FL, they had a penthouse apt in Pompano Beach and it was ALL done in emerald and gold and white. It was very striking and although I would not have wanted to live with it -it was gorgeous to visit there.
    I do wear emerald every once in a while and because I have green eyes everyone always tells me how good the color looks on me. I guess this will be MY year!;>) Happy Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post.:):) Speaking of the green.... Notre Dame, there was a photo of their leprechaun mascot , in the paper this morning. Enjoy your teams. Indianapolis Colts are playing today. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do not like green...wearing it or decorating with it. My living room is a moss green and I can't wait to have it painted this spring. I wonder how people will be incorporating this shade into their decor? Discreetly, I hope!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really doubt that Emerald Green will enter alot of home decor. It's ok - it's just a little bold for me.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, I can't foresee using emerald in my home decor, but I don't have a problem wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely not a green girl. However, I certainly wouldn't turn down an emerald ring..
    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to agree, would love incorporating a little in my wardrobe! Love the needle's new color! Funny, we were there yesterday- and I didn't even notice the color change! Happy week ;)

    ReplyDelete