Friday, February 8, 2013

French bread on Friday... curseurs brioche?

b r i o c h e    s l i d e r s !


 i was actually going try to make my own mini brioche buns, but
when i was at The Metropolitan Market shopping for our
 favorite cave aged Gruyere, i stumbled upon these


perfect little buns from the Macrina Bakery.
Macrina presents their baked goods in such a pretty package.
each is tied with a chocolate grosgrain ribbon!


i bought four packages of eight!

perfect for my contribution to Superbowl Sunday!

Brioche Sliders and French Onion Soup!


i used organic ground beef.
( Kobe' beef could be an excellent alternative for
 Valentine's Day.)


yum... my very favorite cave aged Gruyere !


i  sliced and sauteed six big Walla Walla Sweets!

i served the sliders with a yummy French onion soup recipe that i found here!
( i was so focused on the sliders that i forgot to take a picture of the soup!)
once i arrived at the party, i assembled the burgers to go under the broiler.


each burger was topped with cheese, i also buttered each top!


the lids were popped on!

they were ready for dipping and sliding!

i have had so much fun with this concept!

if you choose not to go with the French onion soup...


you can pile sauteed onions directly onto the slider and turn it into
a French onion soup slider!

you could  also make them a French dip!

~ or ~


the sliders could be transformed into a romantic Valentine's day
appetizer or dinner!

take a lovely mix of greens and drizzle an infused olive oil over the top.
 sprinkle the greens with ground sea salt and pepper, and place the French
Onion Soup sliders on top.
(i tied the chocolate grosgrain ribbon on the wine glass!)
hellooo Valentine!  XO!

the Macrina Bakery has a product of the month.
this month it's "a moist red velvet cupcake filled with a dollop of vanilla
 bean pastry cream and topped with white chocolate buttercream frosting, 
a fresh raspberry, sugared rose petal, and sugar sprinkles."



Cupid's Cupcake!

(if i were to design a Lynne's Cupcake, this would probably be pretty close.
we may just have to drive 25 miles for this delicacy...i already have the
day on my radar!)

more romancing the blog next week!

have a great weekend!

withLove!

6 comments:

  1. I've been gluten free since new years day .... so this is making my head explode ... think I'll go do some baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, your sliders and soup look so great... love french onion soup! That cupcake looks so beautiful, I would drive 25 miles for it... Have a great day... Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sliders look so yummy and you have solved my problem of "what to make my honey for Valentines dinner?"..It is going to be French Dip, I never would have thought of it and will be perfect! Thanks!

    Have a lovely weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love pretty packaging? That ribbon makes those rolls sell if someone hasn't tasted them yet. So cute how you used the ribbon on your wine glass...better than those blingy things I buy!!

    I've never made sliders. Here we have White Castle and we always called them sliders. The novelty is in the super thin burger, onions and pickle. Maybe you have the chain near you...I always thought it was just the Midwest. Anyway...I have to give it a shot...they look awesome!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lynne!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet LYNNE! You are talking about my favorite food on the planet, here!

    I make my own brioche and when I do, my guests gobble it up SO QUICKLY. I have never tried this recipe, but I think I need to the next dinner party I have. Oh what a glorious way to wake up this morning, to visit you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brioche sliders look like the best food, ever.

    ReplyDelete