Friday, February 1, 2013

French bread on Friday... silver and gold...

Mr D. has been so sweet.

i have been focused on work this past month.

at the beginning of the month i kept saying...

"i wish i could wake up and have it be February 1st."

(i am one to never wish away precious time.)

well ... life... it's Feb one! and the hardest part of the

acquisition is over!  better yet...it's the weekend!


thank you for listening.

thank you for all of your encouraging words!

i'm not going to mention work again for a long time...

...i promise!

on Wednesday night, when i arrived home and opened

the door of my little commuter Corolla, i thought...

wow!  someone is barbecuing...

New Yorks on the grill !?! 

YUM!

(you know that i live in the chilly and wet Pacific Northwest!)

that someone was my Mr D. when i walked into the

kitchen, he was sauteing sliced Yukon Golds,

 Walla Walla Sweets, and mushrooms in butter and olive oil.

as i glanced at the counter top he said...


"i bought you a baguette!"

he knows that French bread is my ultimate comfort food.

he knows that i consider a golden baguette...a gift!

 :: C E C I L I A   R O S S L E E ::

the image above is Cecelia's perfect silver and gold gift.  

:: C  E C I L I A   R O S S L E E ::
i love to visit her here.

have a wonderful weekend!

welcome February! 




9 comments:

  1. Holy cow. You and I both share a love for YUKON GOLD taters, olive oil, and all the other délices to be HAD! I just visited your link to the bread and I am in heaven. I honeymooned in Carmel 31 years ago, and there is so much beauty there, not to mention some fantastic artists!

    When I lived in France, I lived off of such loaves of bread. Boules, baquettes, miches, YOU NAME IT, I ate it, all in one sitting! So I understand the COMFORT FOOD aspect. And how beautifully wrapped is this lovely.

    THANKS AGAIN for your support my dear. If you have any custom designs you would like for me to try, just let me know and look at my policies page to gain some insight as to how that may be done. I am trying my hand at more French related themes!

    HAPPY FRIDAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S., in May, I host an annual PARIS PARTY that you may be interested in participating in! That would be so fun. More details to come in April! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to have that little demi demi baguette! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering! I do understand what a lovely gift bread is.
    Pure comfort of the simplest sort. Loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he did good, honey- very, very good! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always told my husband , that there is nothing sexier, than a man doing dishes...but after you working and coming home to a great dinner and a man at the stove...well maybe that is sexier:):) Have a beautiful weekend.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!!!! So sweet of your husband!
    Thanks so much for the visit. The treat is really good you have to try it. I have a giveaway on my blog. Want to make sure you don't miss it!!
    Xoxo
    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's almost too pretty to eat. ALMOST. :)

    ReplyDelete