Monday, February 4, 2013

random tea... Lady Grey with lemon and raspberry honey...

my weekend was a perfect mix of wife - mother - grandmother.
my time in the kitchen was focused on MAN FOOD.
judging by the madness at the grocery store on Saturday and Sunday,
i was not the only one with MAN FOOD on the menu.


the manager of my market checked me out. he told me that 
Superbowl weekend is second only to the week before Thanksgiving. 

Mr D had to leave for work at 2 am Saturday morning.
while he was working, i cleaned house and laundered all of
our bedding. i then spent a couple hours
hugging my grandbabies over at Chrislyn and Jason's house.
they are experiencing coughs and colds, so the extra hugs and baby 
holding was appreciated... (mostly by me...shhhh!)


after visiting with the grands i went to Nordstrom to buy Chrislyn's
 birthday gift. 


i found this really chic free people peasant blouse !

 i  returned home to make baby back ribs for Mr D. they turned out
perfect! i recently found out that i am allergic to pork,  so it's not on the menu
as frequently as it was. ( i know... bacon...it's killing me)


for Superbowl Sunday...i made the traditional hot wings with Frank's and
 butter to be dipped in blue cheese dressing. i also added a
French touch to the sliders, which i will share on Friday!


i made French onion soup!
we had a Superbowl / birthday party planned at Chrislyn and Jason's.
it had to be cancelled since they were all under the weather.
Mr D and i packed the soup, sliders, wings and
salad over to their place where we dished up dinner and a few hugs.


today, i woke with a scratchy, but not sore throat...
...so... two ibuprofen and Lady Grey with lemon and raspberry
 honey was my choice this Monday morn!  it did the trick!  i knew that i
 would be feeling ready to roll at the end of this post!


while i was at Nordstrom, i treated myself to a new lipstick!

Lancome Rose Veil.

time to put it on and get to work!!!!

have a great week!

see ya Wednesday!

withLove.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to take the children treats . I bet your husband was happy with you, for those wings. Hope work is going smoother. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy weekend! I'm glad I didn't brave the stores on Saturday but I'm off tonight instead. Do you like beef ribs? I made some the other night with s rub and they were delicious. Raspberry honey? It's sounds so good! Where do you find that?

    Hope the grandkids are well soon...you were a peach to pack up that picnic! Love the top you found for Chrislyn. You have great taste!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a busy & productive weekend. Lemon & raspberry honey sounds great!

    ReplyDelete