Saturday, March 9, 2013

what we did last week, and the recipe for blueberry tea!



last Saturday, Mr D and i left the country!

we kicked back!

we relaxed!


at Whistler, we had a pretty view of winter moving into spring.


{windows 462}


i packed some basics.


Sunday night, i made clam chowder...Mr D's favorite!


the guest room was set up for our son Jay and his best friend
 (since childhood), Tyler. they arrived on Tuesday night.


they hit the slopes for two days.

we met them for coffee at the foot of Blackcomb apres, day one!


poolside, after ski boarding on Thursday night.


Jay and Ty are experimenting with Mr D's little waterproof point and shoot!


...firing up the rib eyes!


we brought the good wine for "last night"!


then it was mom's turn...
...blueberry tea with my boys at the Fairmont!
 the music was live. a young man was singing James Taylor,
 Mumford & Sons,
and even a little HO HEY by the Lumineers!

a perfect last nightcap!


the recipe for Blueberry Tea
1 oz. Grand Marnier
1 oz. Amaretto
and
one pot of Orange Pekoe Tea.
garnish with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice!
( hmmmm...there are no blueberries in blueberry tea)


i had the best time, but i did miss my babies and the folks back home.
as soon as i am finished with my coffee and this post, we are off
to see Holland at her gymnastics class!

have a great weekend!

withLove!



:: our timeshare, at Club Intrawest, thanks Mom & Dad! ::
:: thank you for all of the "Otime" you worked, Mr. D. it was a lovely vacation! ::

8 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great time... beautiful too. Love the "tea" recipe, Grand Marnier, oh yeah... Happy weekend... Ciao, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds devine. Isn't it nice that your son and his buddy could meet up with you and share in the fun!?

    I'm snickering about the 'missing' blueberries.

    Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful getaway! Good company, good food and delicious drinks. Laughing about "no blueberries", I was trying to formulate the idea of the tea in my head before I got to the bottom of the post! Beautiful pictures, Lynne.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, wonderful get away. I am so glad your son and his friend could join you. I think everyone needs a little break like that every once in a while- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA!!!!! NO BLUEBERRIES! That is a hoot, a hoot indeed! It looks like you had a splendid time to relax and do NOTHING of great "importance", but you did in fact. Spending time with family and relaxing are arts that can get lost in the rush of the day. Bravo my dear. Have fun! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Lynne! Thank you for coming by to read my poem; my post today was rather COLORLESS and quiet, but that is what I wanted to depict.

    Are you having fun my dear? Spring is coming; the dropping icicles in my garden are telling me so!!!

    ENJOY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it!!! So happy you had a great time with 'yours.' We MISS them, don't we?? Good GOOD times!! Times you will remember forever! I have 2 of the 3 ingredients for the tea......I shall go shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Looks like as perfect get away! Your soup looks delicious!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete