Thursday, March 7, 2013

wrapped in the light blue notes of Dolce & Gabbana for less that a dollar a day...

i love to visit the fragrance counter.

last week, i visited Nordstrom, with some birthday 

money that i had tucked away!

 i was seeking a new fragrance for Spring.

for the past several years i have been

wearing Chanel. most recently, i have worn

Chance Eau Tendre and Chance Eau Fraiche.

i was ready for a change... to try something new.

i did not care for flower bomb.

even if i loved it, i could not justify the price.

nothing new impressed me.

then i thought...


 how about some notes from the past?


  ...something warm and familiar.

i chose light blue.

( they had a gift set...perfect for some travel ahead...it was sixty dollars.)

the sales also associate filled a purse spray from her counter tester

 for me for five dollars.





i think of fragrance as a fashion basic.

 light blue has been around since 2001, so

it can be found most everywhere.  of all of the fragrances i have

worn, hands down, i have received the most compliments and inquiries

when i wear light blue.  i'll make the fragrance last at least

three months, which means i can wear this lovely collection of

{fragrance notes}

notes from Dolce & Gabbana for less that a dollar a day!

withLove.


10 comments:

  1. I haven't worn fragrance for years. I lost interest when my favorite, that I wore always and was practically my signature, was no longer available...Chanel 22...(sigh). I will have to check out your new choice, perhaps I will find a new love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light Blue is a beautiful fragrance, but not on me. It's funny how perfume smells different on everyone. I never leave the house without perfume, sometimes and just an herbal mist other times my long time favorite "Silences by Jacomo" l have to have fragrance in my house too... makes me happy. Have a beautiful day Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some samples of Light Blue and the girls and I love it (I could say we share the perfume, but actually they steal mine). I wear the same fragrance for a few years and then switch when I find something else I like. I did wear Flower Bomb for 2 years and I really loved it Then came Mademoiselle Coco and then just this Christmas, hubby gave me Gucci Forever. I wear body sprays during the day and save the good stuff for going out and events. I can be a little stingy like that! ;-D

    Enjoy your new scent!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am going to have to check it out. Beautiful post!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so dreamy my friend, SO DREAMY! I am loving the resurrection of this color now that spring fever is starting to hit! Now to go down into my work area to draw for you! LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when you find the perfect fragrance? I wear Beach by Bobbi Brown in the summer and just love it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. LIGHT BLUE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COLOR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have THE most beautiful posts!!! It may have something to do with you being such a beautiful PERSON! I wear fragrance every day.....my favorite is Red Door. Louis Dean calls it 'BARN Door' so I've started calling it that as well. The other day someone asked what fragrance I was wearing and I automatically said, "Barn Door!" Later I understood why they looked so puzzled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A girl is not completely dressed until she puts on her favorite perfume. I am so picky when it comes to my scents but when I find one I like I will stick to it for a long time. I have never tried any of the ones you've mention...now I'm curious. Thanks for sharing Lynne. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ❤Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someday try Cartier's "So Pretty." It is my hallmark scent. Believe me it is beautiful. However, I'll try D&G's fragrance because I love them & everything else Italian.

    ReplyDelete