Wednesday, June 12, 2013

casually, off the cuff! and... i am happier than a camel on hump day!


many years ago i was a buyer of fashion jewelry

for Frederick & Nelson, located in Seattle, a division of

Marshall Field & Company. anyone that was acquainted with "Fields" misses

the amazing "carriage trade" retailer.   the international fashion shows in 

the tea room...the museum-like displays of exquisite European glass...

Frango sundaes...the doorman...and the best Santa Claus in town!




on occasion,  i would have pop up trunk shows!

this morning,


i was captured by this lovely image!

which led me here.   if i was buying now, i would bring back this

look for a special  hot summer casual  show!  


i immediately zeroed in on the gilded bohemian blue chalcedony!



the bohemian blue is so beautifully fired up with the druzy citrine!


incendiĆ© !

hot!

un mariage parfait de la torche et de la nature de l'artiste!

" parfait de la torche!"

(ahhh the language of fashion!)

simple statement pieces for Summer 2013!

watch the garage sales and vintage shops for this retro return!

(oh that was fun!)




it's hump day!

 have you seen that cute Geico commercial with the joyous camel?

it's silly, and so am I today sooooo....what the heck!

"i'm happier than a camel on Wednesday!"
  here!

withLove!


10 comments:

  1. Ooohh, I'll take the Citrine with all that goodness ready to spill over the sides..Yes in deed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee...I'm silly most days, Lynne, so I'm feeling very much at home here.
    Okay, now for some SERIOUS comments. WOWZER!! :) These pieces are GORGEOUS. I could see myself wearing one of those on my Saturday adventures. LOVE it all, the necklaces, the bracelets and that stunning ring. I tend to gravitate toward anything turquoise or blue with jewelry. I told my husband my next wedding ring must be an aquamarine. I know, no diamond, but I'll take colored gems or a pearl any day over a diamond. Told you I was silly. :)
    Enjoy the flatbread and Chianti...perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pieces. Wow. What a fun job it must have been to be a buyer for that company. LOVE that first necklace. I have not seen that commercial yet but I will watch for it now- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, those pieces are really gorgeous ... perfect for summer. Glad you're feeling so happy on this hump day :)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwww...lovely !!!....love Ria...x !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces of jewelry! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Bohemian blue charm is GORGEOUS, LYNNE! Happy post here! Have a wonderful day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. i too(also) love the Bohemian Blue + the video is soo silly + i adore being silly,even on a thursday. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh. I wish I had read this earlier. I passed up the perfect piece at an auction today. It went for $5. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do remember Marshall Fields! I loved it and miss it! Thank you for sharing your beautiful summer jewels.

    ReplyDelete