Tuesday, September 3, 2013

a yummy recipe... and, the home team, my boys of Summer 2013!

yesterday, we were invited to a barbecue-picnic at


the home of our dear friends. they live on Lake Sammamish.

(i know... it's gorgeous!)

our contribution to the menu was a dessert!


i made Lemon Drop (i love Limoncello) cupcakes

i would definitely make these again!

i have a convection oven, so, next time, i will slice two minutes

 off of the baking time, as the cakes were slightly dry.  

  everyone loved them, even the kiddos! the frosting was AMAZING!

i found the recipe here!

while editing the photographs i took yesterday,

i noticed that i captured some great shots of "my guys", so

i thought that i would share!

:: click on the image to enlarge ::

great grandpa;(my dad, John, with Toby the yellow lab), 

grandpa;(my Mr D, eating Cheerios off the new deck floor with 

Ben), daddy(my wonderful s-i-l, Jason, with Holland and the 

enormous crocodile), uncle; (my son, Jay, who loved his bonding 

with Ben time) and our rookie,(my grandson, precious Ben)!

the weather was perfect!

this morning, we woke up to a cooled rainfall! our beautiful 

Summer is winding down. although i love Fall, i am finding it 

a bit difficult to let go of Summer 2013. 

i will start decorating for the turn into Autumnnext 

weekend, and as always, i will embrace it's arrival...

...withLove!


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Those cupcakes look amazing! I'm going to show this to Amber - she would LOVE these and I just may make them for her. What a beautiful place to spend Labor Day! I would probably love summer more if it wasn't so oppressively HOT here in Texas! I often feel like I am a hostage inside the house with the A/C on. There is SO much to do in my flower gardens and it is still WAY too hot to do any of it!
    Your blog looks lovely! I need to change mine for fall.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, your famil!y photos are so special ... looks like the weather was beautiful for your picnic. What a gorgeous spot! Your cupcakes look wonderful. All in all.... perfect...Ciao Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne,
    Your lemon cupcakes look amazing! I love anything with lemon. The pictures of "your guys" are sweet. Yes, I will embrace Fall too!

    Happy September, dear.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look to your blog! The pictures of your "boys" is just precious. I really love family pictures. They are all so cute! I am headed off to check out the recipe. It looks WONDERFUL!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys, from the oldest to the youngest are adorable. Your cupcakes look yummy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful day with your family in a beautiful spot.

    Those cupcakes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a lemon fiend! Can't wait to try this recipe. Your presentation was perfect. Of course I would expect no less from you. :) Now, that Ben. He is just to wonderful for words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lynne,
    It is so great to see friends and your family having a wonderful getaway and having fun!
    What a a beautiful desert, lemon sometimes speaks to me more than chocolate; that is saying something!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Feature: Entrepreneur Sigal Sasson

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for stopping by my blog + commenting + i appreciated that so much. wonderful photos of the entire family + must go make those cupcakes pronto. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect day...and the post title suits it so well.
    Looks like we have something else in common, Lynne. I absolutely LOVE lemon and it is actually my favorite cake flavor. The cupcakes look DIVINE. I must attempt your recipe. If I do, I'll post. Limoncello...yummy...and autumn is my favorite season by far so I'm always eager for it, although Florida does not give it as grand an entrance as it deserves. :) I still enjoy it, something magic in the air that time of year.
    Always heavenly stopping by, friend.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saved the recipe under my bookmarks now.
    Thank you again.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete