Sunday, September 1, 2013

just one pic...



inspired by this photo frock from Louise Richardson.

...thinking of the very old family photographs.

...thoughts of stitching them onto pieces of antique linen, and

aged cotton organdy...

i had to journal this so i wouldn't forget!

hopefully the image will inspire you, as well!

***

yesterday, a little leaf was floating slowly in the sunny

summer breeze.

...it took a gentle landing on the hood of my car.


everything is turning to gold!


helloooooo...September!


withLove!


7 comments:

  1. Oh Lynne, you HAVE inspired me....I am wondering about making a small version of a dress as such, putting into a small shadow box with an image of an ancestor. Quelle bonne idée! BISOUS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing! really great idea to post this :)it's gonna be fun project to me if I could try.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Hugs,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this and am so happy to see some leaves falling in my garden today also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with this photo too and sent it to my daughter, (she stitches up sweet things for little ones to put in her shop) her heart also did a flutter for it!

    We also saw bits of 'gold' yesterday....Happy September, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this precious, Lynne? Old photos mean so much to me. When I was little, I used to look at all my mom's black and whites and wondered about the story behind them.

    Happy September, sweet friend of mine.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Lynne! I have a question for you. I want to change the font on my comment page to the font on my text in the body of the blog post. I notice you have the same text in your comments that you do on your post. HOW DO YOU DO THIS? Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this time of year! Although it was 102 today! UGH!
    The dress is like a memory catcher - so lovely! Sometimes I wonder at the creative ideas people have! Do they stay up at night and think up such clever thoughts and ideas?

    ReplyDelete