Sunday, September 8, 2013

making some lifestyle changes...10 reasons why i should drink warm lemon water in the morning!

i spent my forty and fifties drinking diet cola.

it was such a wrong choice.

i haven't sipped a soda for six months.

it has been replaced by water.

i sometimes toss a lemon slice or two in my water...


...just to take the "boring" out of the drink.

little did i know, the true benefits of  lemon juice 

and the the importance of the body's PH factor until i 

watched Carol Alt's new show, yesterday, afternoon!


the whole PH thing peaked my curiosity...

...so i started googling during the commercials while i 

was watching our Cougs beat USC last night!

{GO COUGS!}

when i find something that is good for me, i find it important to


share it with you as well! 

4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.


withLove!

17 comments:

  1. What an information! thanks for sharing, and the pictures are beautiful here :)

    I would love to try and will see the benefit works for me.

    Blessing,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information. I WANT the girl's waist that is holding that bowl of lemons! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I have eliminated soda, but I drink diet Snapple. My much wiser daughter gets on me all the time. I am going to make the move to more water and use lemon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear one, water is the best thing to drink when you wake up and lemon is awesome for the system! I haven't had a cola for about 45 years. Really! WATER is the best thing to wake you up and keep you energetic throughout the day. I have a pretty photo to send you that I took this morning in my studio...love! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne,
    I love anything with LEMONS! I have been using lemons for many years. I hardly ever drink coke, but I must say sometimes it goes good with that favorite meal.

    Have a peaceful Sunday.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been drinking lemon water for years, ever since I experienced my first kidney stone which is more painful than giving birth...no joke. Water is so good for the body, and a lot of health issues are caused by dehydration, so we drink plenty of it in this home.
    Looks like it was a great football weekend for our teams. Woo-hoo!! Both our children attend UM so you can only imagine the madness on game days around here.
    Have a lovely Sunday evening, friend.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such good information Lynne. I didn't know about all of those health benefits ... Tastes good too ... Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I was stopping by in hopes of getting some help on a Martha Stewart Contest....I've been nominated and I was trying to get Votes...if you have time I would love to see you come by my blog, vote and also enter in a giveaway for your support!! Your able to vote 6 times in a row daily until Sept. 13th!! I would appreciate it so very much!! Thanks so much!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne, thank you so much for sharing what you learned on the new show..I was looking forward to it and happened to miss both shows. I used to drink start drinking diet soda every morning after I drank my fill of coffee..never any water either....Then, the 'C' diagnosis and I have not had a diet soda since. And, I 'had' to learn to drink tons of water during treatment and so that has stuck with me.
    My grandmother and great aunt drank lemon water every morning for as long as I can remember..they said it cleaned out the liver.
    I want to drink the water and lemon first thing but love my coffee so very much that I'm afraid it would spoil it. I wonder if it would still work as well at any time of the day.
    Thanks again for sharing..have a lovely week my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lemon water! But I also add cucumbers and mint and it is a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to meet you on Stylemindchic and thank you for the lovely comments. I love this tip on the lemon water that you shared. I often do lemon water (have some here on the desk today) but I didn't understand all the science behind why it's important. The acidity balance information is powerful. Thanks for sharing. My mom got married over the weekend so I'm hope getting in a little rest today.
    I look forward to following and more inspirations!
    xx, Heather @ Stylemindchic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, who knew about lemons being alkaline, not acidic, in the body! Thanks for the information.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete