Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday...tried and true... yummies and scents!

i have officially been bitten by the

AUTUMN BUG!

(when you live in a part of the world where beautiful 

warm Summers are few and far between, 

you hold on as long as you can!)

a little baking before work was planned for this morn'!

last week, i visited Elizabeth's Favorites On Friday post

and spied this yummy recipe.

:: recipe here ::

i "pinned it" and over the weekend about 50 other

people re-pinned my pin!  yesterday, and this morning,

the pinning continues...


i just popped a batch of Elizabeth's bars in the oven!

Mr D has to work late, so it will be a nice surprise.

last Saturday, i picked up a few Fall scents "on special" at 

Bath and Body Works.  this fragrance is called "leaves".

with the bars baking and the candle burning,  i am in pure 

Autumn morning heaven, putting this post together. 

ohhhhh! 

there's the bell!

it's time to cool the bars...blow out the candle, 

take that last sip 

of house brew and hit the shower!


perfect! out of the oven and ready to 

frost when i return!

withLove!

12 comments:

  1. Good afternoon! Thank you so much for the mention! I hope the bars turned out as well for you as they did for me. They are some of my favorite Fall treats, of course anything cream cheese frosting usually is.

    Have a great day and thank you again for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, you painted a lovely Autumn picture wtih this post. I can imagine how beautiful it is up in your neck of the woods right now. I'm sure your home smells wonderful too, leaves is one of my favorites from b&BW, there is one on my island right now. Have a great day...
    XOXO Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am trying to not eat so many sugary things...but gaaa I would have to have some of this. I absolutely love that fragrance"leaves" I adore spicy woodsy smells the best. Hope you have a good day at work and get to kick back at home and enjoy one of your treats. Yum. xoxox,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, Thanks for all your Autumn inspiration! The bars look delicious!!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these bars look amazing, Lynne. I wish I had one to go with my coffee right now. The candle is pretty - "leaves" sounds like an interesting scent. I will have to check out Bath and Body Works to see all their Fall goodies. I love that shop.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those bars look so darn delicious! I just told my husband I needed to make something "pumpkin" real soon. It just may have to be these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely 'Fall' post! You MUST be a 'morning' person and I so admire all your accomplishments before most of us are even awake!
    Happy FALL, Y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh I think I repinned that one! How did it taste? Hello Lynne, it's very Autumnal here too and I'm just loving it. Have a great day, with love, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost smell autumn coming out of the computer screen here. Wonderful post-xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anything autumn is heaven to me. Enjoy, friend.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  12. It feels like autumn in S. CA. + I miss the seasons but love S CA. Happy wednesday. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete