Thursday, October 3, 2013

lovely images of "nostalgia meets now"...butter baked and pink!

perfect timing! 

...pink sugar for the month of October!




 i have featured the photography of

Janis Nicolay of Vancouver, British Columbia, several

times before today. i am intrigued with her passion for clean  

mid-century design, and her ability to style it into the 

present. it's comfort food for the eyes and heart of this 

baby boomer girl!


ahhhhh...n o s t a l g i a!




Janis features her favorite recipes on her blog now and then.

at one time, she sold her recipes, beautifully 

photographed, and tucked in a handmade fabric envelope

 at her Etsy shop


you can imagine how thrilled i was when i discovered that

she recently finished photographing a cookbook.


:: Butter Baked goods...here ::

hmmm...

do i really need another cookbook?  


 i caved in BIG TIME!

:: Pinecone Camp here ::

to me, cookbooks are a perfect fairy tale.

a romance about practicing science in the kitchen,

with the ultimate result happy ending, plated art! 

 (i lose the problems of the day when i open up a cookbook)

 i sometimes pack a cookbook in my work tote, for when

i have that need to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!

when i am really stressed, i'll place a cookbook 

on my desk. it welcomes happy foodies into my office!

it's amazing how the mood of the day is lifted!


science to art 101


may 

have 

to convince Mr D to stop for a visit to

"Butter" on our way home from Whistler one day.

i pre-ordered my copy here


:: source, here and here ::

here's another image via Pinecone Camp...


this morning i leave you with a perfect 

 pink "nostalgia meets now" reading retreat!

i'm feeling yoga pants with over sized French terry on top!


ooooops!

where has this early morning's time gone?

hitting the shower!

withLove!

13 comments:

  1. I need BUTTER! What a great name and a fabulous cookbook. Can I recommend another? Lick the bowl Good by fellow blogger Monica Holland. I received a copy to review and it is fabulous, the recipes are easy, delicious and it is a cookbook that I want to make everything it it!

    I hope that you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of the cookbook! And the photos are SO pretty! I love your description of cookbooks being perfect fairy tales...they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, I really love your new header photo! This cookbook looks beautiful , and what a great name for a baking book. Love a cookbook with gorgeous pictures . Enjoy your day...
    Ciao bella...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, What a wonderful cookbook! And you had me with the Title "Butter". Ordering one now!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all sweets taste best decorated cutely. This book looks fabulous! I'm like you, part of the joy of a cookbook is simply savoring the pages. I have downsized a lot but I make a point to put a different one on my counter every few weeks to inspire me to cook/bake something from it.

    XO
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful cookbook with inspirational photos! I am most inspired by your blog header with the pink pumpkin and pink blogsite title.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore a good cookbook. Particularly if it has cupcakes.
    I am having a Fun Fall Foods Linky party tomorrow and every recipe link (old or new) is eligible to win the giveaway.

    I'd love for you to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynne, I cling to the old adage 'a little of what you fancy does you good.' So I say, you go for it girl! It looks like a lovely book, and with a name like 'Butter', you can't go wrong. Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU had me at the name of the cookbook + love looking at all the beautiful pictures + must trot over to her website then go get the book. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Sweet!!! Lovely, sweet, happy images....what fun inspiration. Now I'm getting hungry. Delicious post!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly beautiful photos. Seeing all those tempting things...hard not to want one. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. My darling Lynne! I missed this post....I have been running around this week with my new teaching job, but it's FRIDAY! Thank you my friend for coming to visit me. Love is always timely. Have a FABULOUS FALL WEEKEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh....and these cupcakes and the bright and lovely colors are great for any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete