Saturday, November 23, 2013

this morning on the farm table...i am starting to feel it!

yesterday, when i arrived home from work,

Mr D greeted me with...

"Lynne, what is in that big box that arrived today?"

my answer was...

"the beginnings of this year's Christmas, hi honey!"

(you always end the sentence with "honey" when

an unannounced parcel with your name on it

hits the doorstep!)


 

am

so

excited!




Cat's French vintage wine tags are the inspiration for

this year's Advent calendar!

the 

big 

box?


it was from save - on - crafts!


i found some very "cool stuff" there this year!


from now until Christmas Day there will be no time to

sit idly while watching the Cougs and the Hawks!


the first peek at Advent...

...zinc and natural!

a parcel filled with very special numbers should be

arriving before long!

once the numbers are are placed,

i will be adding a touch of Christmas color!

can't wait to show you the finish!

withLove!

14 comments:

  1. I L O V E Save-On-Crafts. I just marked a whole bunch of things I am hoping to get for Christmas.

    I also love your idea for the Advent Calendar.

    My first package that arrived for Christmas was from The Shoppe at Somerset at stampington.com.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Love big boxes from the post ! ..What a fun idea for an Advent Calendar...can't wait to see how you put it all together! Have a happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, this looks like the makings for some very inspired Christmas decor… Love it! Have fun…
    Ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Save On Crafts. I can't wait to see what you are making. Yes, use "honey" and "sweetie" and "dear" a lot!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you are creating, and off to see the link for the vintage tags. I don't know Save on Crafts, but guess I should! Bon Week-End~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyyne,
    Zinc! Am so looking forward to seeing what your Advent Calendar looks like...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQUEAL!! I am so looking forward to seeing your project!! I've made advent calendars on pillowcases for Amber and Ben when they were little and then for the grands one year. Yours looks like it may be a 'grown up' version! Can't wait to SEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THESE ARE AWESOME, LYNNE! WOW! I need to go over and order a few! LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Lynne, when you go to the SAVE ON CRAFTS site, what category do I look under?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, look under chalkboard and chalkboard markers!
      I will send you the link if I still have your email address!
      w/L

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to see the advent. It's going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those tags look beautiful and they are going to make a wonderful advent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the zinc tags!! What wonderful goodies you got. I'm going to check out the site now. So excited to see your advent calendar finished!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I missed this post and I'm glad I caught it today Lynne-these little zinc tags are fabulous. You are so creative dear.

    ReplyDelete