Wednesday, November 27, 2013

what is your favorite recipe for Christmas mix? sharing a moment in time that was better than a hallelujah!

early yesterday morning, i received an email from Heather.

she is a talented and inspiring blog friend, and a 

close neighbor to the north, 

residing in oh so lovely, British Columbia!

Horseshoe Bay, BC... my favorite view on our way to Whistler!

she asked me to answer, in one 

sentence, how do you get into the holiday spirit?

this year, the answer was easy, a one word sentence!



PANDORA.

"it's beginning to sound
a lot like Christmas, everywhere i go!"


on Monday night, Mr D and i set out to try on furniture. 

(i know! it's exciting! there will be more about the new furniture and carpet, ahead!) 

we each drew out our smart phones, 

in a duel to see who's Christmas mix would be played first! 

he won! 

in this instance, i was glad.

his mix is a little more classical than mine.

  Mr D's recipe is:

1 cup nuts, (Tchaikovsky brand)

1 cup ebony and ivory, (the old George Winston a la 

Nordstrom piano man brand)

and

1 cup of Bing, (White Christmas vintage)!

i immediately went from riding shotgun to 

closing my eyes to dance with the snowflakes. 

 (i dropped 10 pounds within the first 10 notes.)

my recipe is similar to his, i use the same helping of nuts, 

tossed with ebony and ivory.

i add 1/3 cup of vintage White 

Christmas and 1/3 of cup hymns from my childhood choir days. 

i finished my mix with a 1/3 cup of pure

80's Christmas, Amy Grant!

Amy will always be in my mix. 

one of my favorite memories of the past is driving in the dark 

with the kids in the back seat, taking in the lighted splendor 

of the season.

TURN IT UP, MOM!

with the music, blasting,

 my precious angels and i would sing

Amy's entire Christmas "cassette" to the top of our lungs!


E...maaannn...uuu...el!

Wonderful counselor!

Lord of Life, Lord of all;

He's the Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Holy One!

Emmanuel!

Emmamuel!


to the moments in life that are "better

than a Hallelujah"! (thank you, Amy!)


i am thankful for this past year's moments of sharing. we 

shared our happiness and beauty, and our yummies and good times.

there was a world full of hugs and prayers for those moments in 

time that handed us challenges. 

our daily sharing has filled my mind, my heart 

and my soul,

withLove!

H a p p y  T h a n k s g i v i n g !

12 comments:

  1. Good morning my dear blogger friend!

    I can say that in all my six years (well, in January it will be six years!) I have had the best time learning about people out there who share my interests AND MORE...I've learned about myself as well. This has been a lovely year getting to know you and thank you for all your kindnesses! I am at this moment doing my last minute and very simple Christmas decorations as I listen to Bob Seger's version of Little Drummer Boy, my favorite song for this time of year.

    ENJOY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anita! I love Bob Seger! I am so grateful that you reminded me of this beautiful rendition of the amazing and humbling Drummer Boy. I will add this to my mix!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your mix.
    I love Amy Grant too, with a little bit of Johnny Mathis.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...the smoothness of Johnny...and Nat too! They are sprinkled in Mr D's mix!
      Happy Thanksgiving, sweet!
      w/L

      Delete
  4. we have christmas caroles on at the office-bing's white christmas is a favorite. Happy Thanksgiving dear one. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, L. I am beyond thankful for my blogging friends who have been so very supportive through all my blog changes especially during this transitional year... where I've vented (and still am venting) via my blogger template design. teehee Hang on, the ride's not over.
    I am barely getting used to Pandora on my new phone, but I listened to Crosby's White Christmas and a little Michael Bublé a couple of nights ago. LOVE The Carpenter's.
    Thankful for meeting you via Anita's party this year.
    Blessings to you and yours, love.
    xoxoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend. Christmas music is how I have started my season this year, too. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, I wanted to wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you get to share your day with loved ones. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm listening to Enya right now on the George Winston station. The Pandora equivalent in Canada is called Slacker. Same stations, no commercials. When I'm in CA I listen to Pandora.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all, especially Amy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is the Christmas music that puts me in the mood too. Yesterday, when I headed south down I-5, I listened to a radio station out of Vancouver B.C. that had already started with all Christmas tunes and as I started to lose that I picked up another out of Seattle and then when that was fading I found one out of Portland that brought me to the end of the journey...4 hours of that music sure got me in the mood.
    I love Amy Grant too...I still have that cassett, just can't bring myself to toss it...too many good memories.

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete