Friday, December 27, 2013

just a little bit about Christmas and when decor chic turns science chic!

hellooooo darlings!

how are you doing?

Christmas Day flew by so quickly!

i crashed at 11:30.  with work the morning after,

 i am just now am able to pop in and share some bits and pieces of 

THE PRECIOUS DAY!


Mr D's family arrived early and planted their lovely gifts 

beneath the tree!

Cougar Crest 2010 Dedication Seven was Mr D's wine selection for the adult nieces and nephews,
and i made my traditional money book-cards for those under 21.   

our gifts were flourished with sprigs of backyard cedar and a big smooch


from The Chocolate Gousse!

we were blessed all day!

Jay's flight was slightly delayed, so biscuits and gravy

turned into brunch at 11.

Mr D was front and center in the kitchen and at "the Weber" this year.

at 2 he served his famous grilled duck and goose poppers, while i offered

home or working in Hawaii...for Jay, and all of us, there was "no choice"!

an assortment of soft French cheeses and French bread.

his killer prime rib slowly roasted for 4 1/2 hours.

the house smelled divine!



the party hit the high note when Jason, Chrislyn and the 

grands arrived after nap time!

i am going to say it again.

B L E S S E D !


with all the toys and stimulus abound, Holland spied my

new magnifying glass.

i found this pretty much needed accessory for my aging eyes,

(that - can - also - be - a - chic - accent - piece),

 at Heather's shop, Stylemindchic).


once she discovered the purpose of a magnifying glass,  and it's magic,

she took it over to the pile of her newly unwrapped books!

Grandpa D could not resist capturing this image!

***

oh gosh!

this morning's time with you has also flown!

got to get to the office!

there is another full day ahead. we are going to a wedding tonight!

there will be 500 people in attendance!

Holland was invited to be the flower girl...her third wedding this year!

with everyone home for the holidays, it is also going to be

one big fabulous family reunion!

have a wonderful day!

withLove!

6 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Lynne, it all sounds rather hectic but wonderful over there. A belated Happy Christmas to you, we were without the Internet before Christmas, but all is thankfully restored now.May I wish you and yours a peaceful and blessed 2014, with all my love, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning precious one! I was in California with family (and did we ever have the best time) but now back to snow and home. I have one more week off before school starts and I am going to recuperate from all the traveling! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A BLAST! LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE, Love it ALL!!! Everything looked just beautiful! I don't know HOW you do it and work the hours you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. W is for Wonder and Holland looks precious WONDERING about magic and how the magnifying glass works.

    ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Lynne for your visit and lovely words. Yes I did handpaint and stencil above the fireplace, I am very pleased with it, although my family think I am a little mad having such a wintery scheme, but I like wintery! We had a really lovely Christmas and Santa was most generous. I am looking forward to getting creative again now, after all the cooking and eating! Enjoy the celebrations amigo. Much love to you,Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne dear-I love seeing the image of your darling little one with that magnifying glass-absolutely adorable. I'm so pleased you like the pieces from my boutique and I'm thrilled the glass ball finally arrived...where had it been vacationing I wonder. Thanks for sharing and your holidays looked absolutely splendid with family all around. What a gift. We've been in Los Angeles so I'm sneaking in a little time to catch up on my blog faves this morning. Happy New Year to you and yours.
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete