Friday, February 28, 2014

FRENCH BREAD ON FRIDAY :: DÉFINITION

...a small, stylish blog, situated

 in a friendly and fashionable urban location in America,

where petit portraits of life are shared 

with family and friends.

as you can see,  i have been changing the de·cor, at my little ven·ue, again! 

like our home,  i love to rearrange my blog.  recently,  i gave myself a little exercise to define it!


it was fun, and sparked inspiration..."nouvelle"!


bou·tique ho·tel
noun
  1. 1.
    a small stylish hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location.




...as you can see, i created a new "urban" definition for a small petit blog like mine!


vi·gnette
vinˈyet
noun
  1. 1.
    a brief evocative description, account, or episode.
  2. 2.
    a small illustration or portrait photograph that fades into its background without a definite border.
verb
  1. 1.
    portray (someone) in the style of a vignette.



(i didn't have to touch this definition!)  ...words-perfect mots-parfait!

oh... how i hope to speak fluent French, one day!

my blog is just one vehicle to transport me to my goal.

(by the looks of this list, those of us that speak la langue de l'anglais,

are quite possibly half way there!)

now...just putting them all together with fi·nesse.

there you have it!

my mind, on the move this morning before work, and Friday's always guilt free

serving of French bread!

withLove!

9 comments:

  1. I would love to speak French. I will watch French movies with sub titles and enjoy it...but can not do it with any other language. Hope you have a beautiful safe weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very inspired on this rainy Friday… looks good lynne. I think French is a very beautiful language, along with Italian, my first language. I feel like I am in Seattle today… Loving the rain. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Ciao Bella, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeover is quite lovely. You blog has always been clear and easy to read. I love French, too, and could not take it in school because I was a BUSINESS MAJOR and I did not have "room" for a foreign language. Seriously???? My hubby speaks French quite well...when he wants to- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonsoir chèrie! I love changing my blog every time I post. I REALLY love changing the look in my house and as soon as the weather changes, more aqua and white will appear!

    Your header is fabulous, with our beloved French lavender. Fais de bons rêves, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new Header, Lynne, with the pretty lavender. I can smell it from here. Me and the girls will change our design soon. If it was up to me, I'd change it every month haha. Oh, I wish I could speak French, wouldn't that be nice?

    Have a nice weekend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog makeover looks great! Have a wonderful weekend, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is always so such fun and exiting, especially when it is to our surroundings, like our home decor and blog. I believe it keeps our minds creative. Love the new header. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog makeover. I like to play with mine, but have occasionally obliterated it right off the web, so I just make teeny tweets nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting caught up on my favorite blog reading...love, love, love the two clocks on your side bar. I may have to copycat you! Oh, what is the French word for copycat? My internet translator doesn't give one????

    Judith

    ReplyDelete