Saturday, March 22, 2014

:: BAREFOOT and BLESSED!

no Saturday shoes on yet.

i promise, i will be on the go in my Minumus's as soon as i finish here. 





( i'm thinking new bright shoe laces for spring 2014...)


***


::ici::


i found the this poster on Pinterest.

when i read it, a question came to mind.

what (the H- E- double hockey sticks) happened between 1917 and 2014?

it appears that our country has been trying to get it's nutritional act together

for 97 years.  i remember the pyramids...first they were right side up,

then they turned them upside down.


...notice #3

hmmmm...

could they have considered the "gluten" issue back then?

we have all been told to watch our meat consumption...but...

...why is everyone still pushing whole wheat?

just when i have my legumes together, are they going to

tell me "less legumes"?

(i am not changing that previous sentence for anything!)

***


i am barefoot and blessed on this beautiful Saturday!

***

have you visited Leslie

i met her in blogland this past year!

she's a Pacific Northwest girl too!  Leslie has been such an

inspiration to me!  we road the Seahawk victory ride together! 

(Go Hawks, Les!)

every woman loves a LBD ...and a give a way!

thank you, Leslie and Keri!

i know by telling you that my odds will be a little bit less,

but i never miss a chance to share some PacNWest love!

it's the third day of Springshine in Seattle!

withLove!

6 comments:

  1. Feet with bling:):) I hope you are doing well with your dieting. My daughter is trying gluten free and she already feels better and has lost some weight...that's her bonus part. Maybe we need to eat more whole food and more raw things too. Wishing you a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne,
    I continue to love how your mind works. Your Saturday thoughts bring a smile to my face.
    The 1917 poster could have 2014 as its date. My brother-in-law is diabetic and is now trying to be gluten-free as well as sugar-free.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile. Unfortunately in 1917 many people filled up on wheat products because money was tight, flour & breads were relatively cheap and the choice of food to purchase was far less than it is today. Now we have too much choice, too much processed food in which there is too much salt, sugar and/or fat to lasso the taste buds of the un-informed. Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Lynne! Love those shoes and I try to live by that 1917 food chart, I really do. It's simple, the results are great, and even though society goes around in a circle with ideas, it always seems we come back to where we started!

    Enjoy your evening and yes, I know and adore Leslie! She is quite the inspiration, isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes- I wonder what happened to the food (and the government) between 1917 and today? It's a crazy world we live in. Imagine them even thinking that there would something like the internet in those early years. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Leslie and have already thrown my hat into her preverbial ring for that give away!! Then add the Mediterranian diet, the Paleo diet, the vegan diet, whew! I don't eat meat and don't miss it. It hasn't tkept my weight down, but I feel kinder for it. In the market for some comfy walking shoes myself. Enjoy your Sunday darling! xxJennifer

    ReplyDelete