Monday, March 31, 2014

BITS AND PIECES...

hellooooo lovelies!

in the midst of the weekend rains, i took advantage of a little

sun break to share some "around here"!



Mr D worked all weekend. 

on Sunday, he worked 15 hours. he called me at 3:30, knowing that i

would be starting dinner, and said..."plan dinner at eight!"

i tossed the Caesar salad at first sight of the "deep blue Expo".

his steak went under the broiler...cooked rare  and was served with sauteed onions and 

mushrooms, steamed broccoli...and new potatoes baked in butter and herbs de Provence.

i made enough for an encore for his lunch at work, today.  




i caught up with the laundry, cleaned, shopped, and visited Mom and Dad.

Spring cleaning means even...dusting...the "dust jackets" and  lot's of purging and

rearranging. i changed all of the batteries in the flameless candles and lanterns,

resetting the timers to pop on at 6...instead of 5...due to daylight saving time.




after reading this article posted by one of my facebook friends,

i also organized our battery drawer.  her husband is a fireman in Seattle.




here is my favorite blog spot!

you can see the dent from my lower back on the lumbar pillow, and a tiny peek at my favorite

quilt on the right. the Chocolate Gousse keeps my feet warm

on the floor beneath the quilt.  Maria's Dreamy White lavender filled pillow sachets

 are in every room of our home.


on Saturday, while i was at Mom and Dad's house, Dad asked me if i had an extra 

lavender pillow.   he said, "Mom and i share hers."

"we keep it in the middle between our pillows."  Mom piped in..."somehow

it always ends up under his pillow!"  i told them that i would bring them another

pillow next week so they wouldn't have to share any longer. 


( i always have a couple of Maria's lavender pillows on hand for giving! )


  we use my Lane campaign style cedar chest as our coffee table.  it's forty two years old.

for those of you around my age...do you remember when Lane furniture




sent you a miniature cedar chest when you graduated from high school?




...or you could go pick it up at your nearest furniture store.

it was called The Lane Graduation Chest Promotion.  Mr D still uses my miniature cedar chest to

hold his odds and ends.  i read that the company went out of business in 2001.




a few weeks ago, i set eyes on this pale aqua-grey linen pillow at Home Goods.

can you see the four "fleur de lis" that make up the medallion design?

i purchased two.

they look fabulous with our Restoration Hardware Outlet pillows.




i immediately felt a French linen meets Tory Burch vibe!'

a nice update for 2014...

Tory Burch is "big stuff" right now! 




the "chandy" is still decked in natural burlap.

 i didn't tire of this look.  it transitioned nicely through Fall and Winter.

 the egg and twig garland is just the right amount of whimsy to carry it to Easter.

( i'll change it in May.)



more egg and twig garland was placed on the bottle drier to compliment the

 Denby Gypsy teacups. this is the pattern i registered for our wedding.

  each piece is hand painted following the same concept of design and colors of glaze.

the pottery emerges with a subtle-magical difference after it's baked in the kiln.

i love the artisan appeal of the stoneware.

the resilience of Denby is amazing. i have only broken a few pieces in over 40 years.

Chrislyn registered Denby, it's durability does not disappoint.




my mother's childhood copy of Peter Rabbit...

...opened to the page where  he ate Mr McGregor's French beans.




perhaps the sweetest bunny tale of all...

a little bunny from Oso... so frightened by the landslide...that he (or she) ran right into

 the arms of a rescue worker!

we don't need a Hollywood Noah when we have our own version of the real deal.


arranging...rearranging...reminiscing...just like when i bring out Christmas.


Chrislyn and Jay's kindergarten clay art chicks have hatched once again...

...withLove!

(i am a bit behind on my blog visits! i'll be catching up tomorrow morning at coffee!)

10 comments:

  1. Lynne, you had a very busy and productive weekend… sounds nice. Love your little stories about all of your special touches around the house. Your little easter eggs and chicks are sweet, as is that precious bunny in the arms of a "Hero". Have a wonderful week …
    Ciao Bella,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have touched my heart with the picture of the kids clay figures ...awww. When you said put the steak under the broiler at 8...I think of that Lady and the Tramp song...She gets too hungry for dinner at eight. That's me girl.Hope you are getting nice weather...we finally have some Spring temps. xoxo. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just popped over after reading the beautiful poem you left on Anita's blog. So glad I did! I've been looking through your past posts and enjoyed it very much! I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH LYNNE! So much goodness here today! I am rather late, having had an interview this morning with an artist on whom I am writing an article for the magazine, Scarlet Pink!

    YOUR HOME....oh là là ma chère, c'est très français! Ton décor est sublime! And that bowl of eggs is superb. I must set out some eggs in the spirit of the month! But that darling little bunny in the arms of the rescuer, that is too precious. We had a wild rabbit come out from hiding yesterday as we had a lovely and warmer day. We fed her carrots, and she ate them up quickly, having had to survive all winter on our TREE BARK!

    Lynne my dear, I am moved by your comment on my post. Those must be the sweetest three syllables you have ever uttered. Isn't the mouth a feast?

    BISOUS MON AMIE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you got a lot done this weekend! Your favorite blog spot looks so comfy and you know how I adore that chandy. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne,
    I love all your Easter goodies. I have started to decorate too. The Peter Rabbit book looks so old, and it belonged to your mother, how special. Aaahhh, there's the gypsy tea cups that I love so much.

    Happy spring, Lynne.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely lovely post, my dear Lynne! Have a beautiful week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting your gorgeous posts! It always makes me want to redecorate!! That aqua-gray is one of my very favorite colors!! I have it all over my house in drapes and accessories, a Tremeau, pillows...fantastic.
    I love solid lavender pillows too. Who wouldn't? I made a wonderful little one that nestles in my bed pillows. It always smells fresh with a quick squish between my hands. I've made several with my vintage french fabrics, and also give them as gifts! People love them, as well they should.
    This reminds me I have five or six, from vintage French linens that I should put put into my Etsy store. I need some time better time management...things always seem so busy for me.
    I also need a good spring cleaning myself. It helps me clear the cobwebs from my mind at the same time.
    Enjoy your week...I know it will be lovely. You make everything lovely. Be well dear friend.
    Much Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely spring post! Your sofa looks so comfy and I'm a huge fan of neutrals too. The Tory Burch bag too would be so versatile. That cute bunny in the arms of the rescuer reminds me of my very first pet and and Peter Rabbit was a childhood favourite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a rich and lovely post my dear! There is a calming tranquility as you describe your days … As one who craves order … your speaking of spring cleaning and lovingly appointed seasonal decor … accompanied by your beautiful shots of your interior … just speak such beauty to me.

    Your husband is one lucky man, to come home to such a feast … cooking is something I don't do … so I am ever in awe of those who give so generously of their time and talent.

    Thank you ever so much for your sweet, sweet words left on my blog. They truly touched my soul.

    xoxo
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete