Monday, March 17, 2014

:: LAST NIGHT'S SWEET DESSERT AND A MOVIE...TODAY, IRELAND INSPIRES!

Nigella's recipe
:: ici ::

last night we had boiled dinner at Chrislyn and Jason's house.

Chrislyn made Nigella's Guinness chocolate cake.

my father had the videos of our trip to Ireland, eighteen years ago, 


converted to digital.  we revisited the house near Recess...now a stable, where my 


great grandfather Sullivan was born.  our cousin took us fly fishing on


Lough Corrib, after we caught Mayflies on Rabbit Island for bait.

we visited "the west", Clifden, Cong... (where The Quiet Man was filmed)...near


 Corr Na Monamy great grandmother's birthplace. we danced and sang until closing time

in Castlebar. (in "the west", the Irish sing their National Anthem at closing time.) 

we traveled to the Dingle Peninsula and Limerick.

we sang "alive...alive O", next to sweet  Molly Malone on Grafton street in Dublin.

when the movie ended,  Holland stood up and said, 

"this party's over!"




...today, THE party begins and IRELAND INSPIRES!




Sláinte!

 (slahn-chə

is a word literally translating as "health" 
and is commonly used as a drinking toast in Ireland.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

withLove.

10 comments:

  1. That cake sounds heavenly. Sounds like a very fun evening! Happy St Patricks Day to you darlin!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Patrick's Day.

    Linda C in Seattle.

    Thanks for posting the little film clip of Ireland.
    Was inspiring to view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like a great time. I like that Holland made her announcement. So funny. Have a wonderful day, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard the word "slancha" several times as a toast so thank you for explaining it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Holland is a comedian in the making! Lol. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Celebrating St. Patrick's Day reliving wonderful family memories in Ireland.
    Another great post filled with inspiration. Love that you used the google banner. Someone should create a book of all the google images over the years.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the cake sounds and looks yummy! Have a fun St. Patrick's evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holland is such a doll!! It sounds like it was a wonderful dinner and night of reminiscing!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn,
    Ireland is the next trip on my kid's list. What a wonderful place. The video was interesting, and I really liked the waves and rugby, as my son is a surfer and played rugby for a few years. Chocolate cake with white frosting - YUMMY, my favorite.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day, Lynne.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear Lynne! I am sooooooo late! I had a teacher meeting yesterday that kept me at school much longer than usual. I love all these Irish words, names and locations. There is something quite magical about the folklore, music and traditions for me! And there is a place called Rabbit Island? FUN!

    Thank you dear heart for coming to visit my post. Have a lovely day! Anita

    ReplyDelete