Monday, April 14, 2014

THIS MORNING, ON THE FARM TABLE...BACK YARD BAY LEAF

hellooooo lovlies!

the weekend weather was G L O R I O U S !

while Mr D was taking care of business at the UW,  i was able to tackle my much needed to do's.




one of them was bringing in the

bay leaf!

for years, there has been no shortage

of bay leaf  on 34th street.







this morning, our little ol' Alabama farm table filled with herbs on the dry!  


last night i made the best beef roast flavored with

herbs d' Provence from here!

THE  O L I V E  PRESS...YUM!

with American pride, i will exclaim!

Cali olive oil is the best!

i know, i know...Tuscan you say...

let's just count our blessings that...

that Tuscan "know how" came to live here!



i seared last night's roast in a fry pan in butter and olive oil.  i then sauteed sliced onions, garlic and

mushrooms on med high heat in the drippings...added "le mélange d'herbes", two fresh backyard bay leaves

and tossed the mix on top of the roast. into the oven for an hour...( it was a small roast). the gravy made

from the drippings was wonderful atop the smashed Yukon Golds.

A WELL DESERVED MEAL FOR MY VERY HARD WORKING GUY!

the big news is that Mr D is liking herbs d' Provence!

( he usually loves his traditional meat and potatoes with salt, pepper and any steakhouse season salt. )

introducing herbs like Tarragon and Rosemary have always sent up "red flags" at the table.

last week i was ecstatic as he complimented my oven roasted potatoes, with R O S E M A R Y!

(victory lap!)


oh...G O S H !

i  must go finish changing our bed clothes, shower and head to the office!

we have another G L O R I O U S  day on the horizon...i cannot believe how beautiful.

this morning, i am going hit the classical station as i drive down into the valley towards the office where i

can throw my hand out the window and touch Mt. Rainier!

it's magical, my lovelies...magical!

withLove!

15 comments:

  1. I am not the family cook, but I noticed when I was cleaning the kitchen that Steve has Herbs de Provence in his stash of spices. I just know everything he cooks is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Kathy, who lives in Amish country in northern Indiana, buys fresh herbs from the Amish. She says it is so good to have fresh to cook with. Funny how men are basic when it comes to food. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound on top of the world this morning Lynne… how nice good weather can make us feel… your roast sounds wonderful. Glad Mr D is expanding is palate with delicious herbs which nobody should live without.
    Happy Monday…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne,
    What a wonderful way to start the day...classical music, open windows, hand thrown out the window to touch Mt. Rainier...pure poetry!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell your herbs just from your lovely descriptions! I too like to add rosemary to roast potatoes and we have two bay trees. The addition of a bay leaf to many dishes certainly makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- It sounds like a lovely day and I ca almost smell those herbs drying on the table. I have a huge pot roast in full of vegetables and wonderful rich gravy. We have snow-it's a cold weather meal! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. O~ Yes it has s been a glorious day here in the PNW.
    I sprinkle a little herbs d' Provence on pork chops adding an amazing flavor.
    Have a beautiful.
    Cheers. Linda C in Seattle


    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello magical friend! Oh Lynne, you are a joy! Thank you for this lovely and happy post, though I'm late for it! And for your kind prayers. BIG HUGS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I found you from Anita, and put you on my sidebar you have a wonderful post. I have never grown Bay leaf. We do have wild Bay plants here in Maine, the leaf looks the same. Please come and visit . yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds wonderful + glad husband liked the herb + happy day to you also. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear it's been a long while since my last visit and I am going to go catch up here.
    I too love fresh herbs and wonderful olive oils. Love the link to your buys.
    There is nothing more beautiful then the scent of herbs in a kitchen freshly preparing a meal.

    See you soon.
    Happy Easter

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, almost forgot....your banner is wonderful, love the linen feel.
    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning!! Sounds like you're having perfectly wonderful weather!! Enjoy your day a Doll. xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne, Happy Tuesday! Today I'm taking your advise and relaxing and enjoying the garden after the sale. Much due rest. Love this post with fresh herbs and delicious recipe. Always love stopping by and visiting. You have the best ideas! Love the banner!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for comment, my Mom an I used to watch the Loretta Young show on TV.
    Tyrone Power was My favorite. yvonne

    ReplyDelete